Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Philly  (Read 1547 times)

Offline BrewBama

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Philly
« on: December 01, 2014, 05:55:51 pm »
I am staying near the airport and found Dock Street Brewery. I drank a cpl nice cask conditioned Porters drawn with a beer engine. Topped it off with a wood-fired pizza. Excellent find.

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
Re: Philly
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:05:03 pm »
Take SEPTA downtown and go to Monk's Cafe. Many Belgian beers and great mussels. The last time I was there, they had Russian River Blind Pig IPA on tap. It's an easy walk from Suburban Station.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline ebustin

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 06:37:37 pm »
The Eulogy in Olde City is another great Belgium bar.  Bar staff are really up to date on their selection and the food is very good.

Offline BrodyR

• Brewmaster
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 08:48:40 am »
I am staying near the airport and found Dock Street Brewery. I drank a cpl nice cask conditioned Porters drawn with a beer engine. Topped it off with a wood-fired pizza. Excellent find.

If you liked Dock St. you'll also love Earth Bread + Brewery in the NW. A bit of a trek from the airport but if you're still around it's worth hitting up. And if you find your way up that way you're also close to Tired Hands and Forest & Main which are both amazing brew pubs. Bar wise Standard Tap in No. Liberties is amazing too, they only serve local brews. 

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 11:00:08 am »

If you liked Dock St. you'll also love Earth Bread + Brewery in the NW. A bit of a trek from the airport but if you're still around it's worth hitting up. And if you find your way up that way you're also close to Tired Hands and Forest & Main which are both amazing brew pubs. Bar wise Standard Tap in No. Liberties is amazing too, they only serve local brews.
I also recommend Standard Tap and Memphis Tap Room as well.  There are a lot of good beer bars in Philly.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995