Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Well, Stephen Hawking, if they do visit....  (Read 5590 times)

Offline capozzoli

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Lat 40* 6 m. 2.24 s. Long -74* 51 m. 21.75 s.
    • Capozzoli Metalworks
Well, Stephen Hawking, if they do visit....
« on: May 01, 2010, 01:50:19 pm »
....I hope they land in Arizona first.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:05:56 pm by capozzoli »
Beer, its whats for dinner.

http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/

http:// www.thecapo.us

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
Re: Well, Stephen Hawking, if they do visit....
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 05:45:32 pm »
Ummmm...... some say they already did. ;)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline tom

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 06:01:03 pm »
Naw, it was Roswell, New Mexico!
Brew on

Offline glitterbug

• Assistant Brewer
  • dallas, tx
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 08:41:53 am »
Ummmm...... some say they already did. ;)

Some are still waiting for you to leave  ;)
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 02:10:17 pm »
^ lol that's clever.
Jesse

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 02:33:14 pm »
I'm personally not worried about aliens. Their rays can't penetrate the tin foil on my windows and I have my tin foil hat as back up. So there.
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 09:04:41 pm »
Dang it . . I missed last night's episode.  :(
Just brew it...

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 06:02:51 am »
 Stephen Hawking is now explaining how time travel is possible. I took some notes and ended up hooking my microwave oven to the voltage regulator on my tractor and shorted out the battery with a screwdriver. There was a bunch of sparks...

It actually worked out pretty well because you can sample and make adjustments to the brew ahead of time.

I'm now sipping on a cream ale that I plan to brew this weekend.  I think I will add just a touch more FWH.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:05:13 am by tubercle »
Sweet Caroline where the Sun rises over the deep blue sea and sets somewhere beyond Tennessee

Offline dhacker

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 06:09:51 am »
 :D  :D

Good one!
Just brew it...

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 08:33:26 am »
   I was on the way back from the parts store with a new battery and voltage regulator for my tractor when I realized previously I was sampling a cream ale that I had made 3 weeks ago instead of the one I was planning on this weekend. Does that mean I actually went back in time, which they claim is impossible, instead of forward? I'm still a little addled from the sparks and noise so I'm not sure.

I modified the formula a little bit. I figured if E=MC2 is such a good thing (which I think is over rated) then F=ND3 has to be even better and that's the calculation I used. May need more tweaking. I tended to doze off occasionally during 8th grade science class so I might have missed something.

More on this later. I have to run to wally world and get Ms. Tubercle a new microwave before she gets home :'(

Offline rabid_dingo

• Brewmaster
  • Brighton, CO :D
    • Mile High Monks
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 12:20:10 pm »
   I was on the way back from the parts store with a new battery and voltage regulator for my tractor when I realized previously I was sampling a cream ale that I had made 3 weeks ago instead of the one I was planning on this weekend. Does that mean I actually went back in time, which they claim is impossible, instead of forward? I'm still a little addled from the sparks and noise so I'm not sure.

I modified the formula a little bit. I figured if E=MC2 is such a good thing (which I think is over rated) then F=ND3 has to be even better and that's the calculation I used. May need more tweaking. I tended to doze off occasionally during 8th grade science class so I might have missed something.

More on this later. I have to run to wally world and get Ms. Tubercle a new microwave before she gets home :'(

Supposedly time travel will be limited to between the time of the invention of the time machine to any point in the future there after. As in, you could only travel as far back in the past as the invention of the original time machine...
Ruben * Colorado :)

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 12:24:12 pm »
One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of accidentally becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem involved in becoming your own father or mother that a broadminded and well-adjusted family can't cope with. There is also no problem about changing the course of history — the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. All the important changes have happened before the things they were supposed to change and it all sorts itself out in the end.

The major problem is quite simply one of grammar, and the main work to consult in this matter is Dr Dan Streetmentioner's Time Traveller's Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations. It will tell you for instance how to describe something that was about to happen to you in the past before you avoided it by time-jumping forward two days in order to avoid it. The event will be described differently according to whether you are talking about it from the standpoint of your own natural time, from a time in the further future, or a time in the further past and is further complicated by the possibility of conducting conversations whilst you are actually travelling from one time to another with the intention of becoming your own father or mother.

Most readers get as far as the Future Semi-Conditionally Modified Subinverted Plagal Past Subjunctive Intentional before giving up: and in fact in later editions of the book all the pages beyond this point have been left blank to save on printing costs.

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy skips lightly over this tangle of academic abstraction, pausing only to note that the term "Future Perfect" has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be.

--Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Offline tubercle

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Sweet Caroline
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 01:07:40 pm »
  I ain't fooling with this time travel thing. What if you went into the future and couldn't get back? You would miss supper that you have already ate.

I didn't really try all of that other stuff with the tractor, I was just kidding. Doing something like that would take a crazy person and you can't really travel back and forth in time.

BTW..congratulations to the Yellowhammer Brewery on the purchase of InBev...Majorvices would have been proud.

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 01:12:33 pm »
BTW..congratulations to the Yellowhammer Brewery on the purchase of InBev...Majorvices wioll haven be proud.

Fixed for Future Intransitory Purgative sense.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 01:14:29 pm »

Supposedly time travel will be limited to between the time of the invention of the time machine to any point in the future there after. As in, you could only travel as far back in the past as the invention of the original time machine...

According to Quantum Leap, you can only travel back as far as your lifetime. 

Why is it when people wonder where the aliens are going to land, they always assume they will land in the US?  Maybe they'd prefer a Czech Pils as opposed to a West Coast IPA. :)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------