Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BREWTOWER  (Read 4725 times)

Offline nebiru

• 1st Kit
BREWTOWER
« on: July 19, 2010, 09:14:33 pm »

Totally height adjustable and with a dumping mash tun arm.  Simple to use, no pumps needed.  HLT equipped with swamp cooler float valve connected to garden hose.  This makes it easier to control the heat as the water is steadily added while sparging takes place plus I don't have to worry about running dry.  Takes up less space in the garage.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: BREWTOWER
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:39:55 pm »
Nice. The float is a great idea. I like the mash-tun dumping feature as well.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 09:27:28 am »
Brewing on the corner, bet you get a lot of  :o as people pass by.
Can you post closeups of how the dump works and your float?
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline nebiru

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 12:45:29 pm »
Beerocd, I used to get a lot of people staring at me with my old set up.  Since this set-up, I had about 15 people actually stop and ask what I was doing.  They just couldn't help it.  I've posted pics of the float valve and dump assembly.  The dumper is simply a 1.5" pipe mounted to the tower with a post mount.  A 2" pipe is slid over that and a bolt is used to pin it together when not dumping.  I used aluminum because it was free from work, but galvanized pipe would work.  I used unistrut pipe clamps from Home Depot to connect the 2" pipe to the mash tun rack.  The whole tower is basically made of unistrut which is a very common material in construction and can be utilized to make just about anything.  That is also what makes this thing adjustable.  Unistrut and many of its components can be found at Home Depot.  I posted pictures of the build here... http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk108/nicholasae25/BREWTOWER/

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:48:59 pm by nebiru »