Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Top places to retire  (Read 2872 times)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Top places to retire
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 03:59:12 am »
I think I'm going to make a stop there on my way across the country in february. Keith, are you still going to be in your current place or will the new facility be up and running by then?

We will still be in current location. Let me know when and I'll be sure to be available to give you a beer sampling!

will do. I'll be leaving Cali on January 31st (good lord willin' and the creek don't rise) so I'll probably be at your place sometime in the second week of February.

From what I have read lately, some CA creeks have been at flood stage. Good luck on your journey back East.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 08:03:39 am »
I've been here 10 and I really like the area. The beer scene has grown exponentially.

I think I'm going to make a stop there on my way across the country in february. Keith, are you still going to be in your current place or will the new facility be up and running by then?

We will still be in current location. Let me know when and I'll be sure to be available to give you a beer sampling!

I'd like to be invited to that gathering. Don't want to intrude but I'd like to tip a glass with you guys.

I'd settle for you just popping in some weekend regardless of visitors. Support your local brewery. ;)

Got some great beers on tap right now. You should try the doppelstickealt before it is all gone. And the wine bbl aged Frankenhammer.  But of course you are invited if Jonathan shows up as well. (Let me know if you don't feel sufficiently guilty.) ;D

You had me at Sticke Alt.  I'm in!!

I've been supporting the Big Deck BBQ and Brew (aka by basement fridge) lately but you're right it's been far too long. Cold weather and/or early sunset drives me home.
OK, I can't help but ask: What are the temperatures in Alabama that are driving you home? ???
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 11:47:46 am »
Maybe in 10 years. Huntspatch is too small to bring a crowd like that in. Nashville though...

It's under consideration.  That new convention center would be a great place.  But some laws will need to get changed first.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 12:00:08 pm »
I've been here 10 and I really like the area. The beer scene has grown exponentially.

I'd like to be invited to that gathering. Don't want to intrude but I'd like to tip a glass with you guys.

I'd settle for you just popping in some weekend regardless of visitors. Support your local brewery. ;)

Got some great beers on tap right now. You should try the doppelstickealt before it is all gone. And the wine bbl aged Frankenhammer.  But of course you are invited if Jonathan shows up as well. (Let me know if you don't feel sufficiently guilty.) ;D

I've been supporting the Big Deck BBQ and Brew (aka by basement fridge) lately but you're right it's been far too long. Cold weather and/or early sunset drives me home.
OK, I can't help but ask: What are the temperatures in Alabama that are driving you home? ???

I had to scrape frost off my windshield this morning.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 12:38:53 pm »

I had to scrape frost off my windshield this morning.

I think out low was 40F. No frost!
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!