Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC 2015 San Diego. Changes to Registration  (Read 6021 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: NHC 2015 San Diego. Changes to Registration
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 09:50:53 am »
So now that the information on the NHC site has been updated ( http://www.ahaconference.org/), it asks the important question:  Where is NHC going to be next year? :)

I know they don't officially release the location until the conference, but come on...somebody must have a rumor circulating out there.  I've heard talk of Baltimore/DC but I don't know if that's next year of 2017.

Actually, the location has been announced in advance of the conference the last few years.  But as Drew said, nothing has been signed yet so there's nothing to announce.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 09:53:08 am »
Nothing's been signed yet, so there's nothing to announce as of yet.

Yeah, I know...just stirring things up.

One of the best rumors (and worst) I heard from someone last year was the AHA considering making Las Vegas the permanent home for NHC.  That would just end it for me if that ever happened.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 09:54:40 am »
Nothing's been signed yet, so there's nothing to announce as of yet.

Yeah, I know...just stirring things up.

One of the best rumors (and worst) I heard from someone last year was the AHA considering making Las Vegas the permanent home for NHC.  That would just end it for me if that ever happened.

I don't see that happening.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »
And that's not even something I've ever heard, either. Our last trip to Vegas was a sorta mixed bag, so yeah.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline sethmoko

• 1st Kit
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 12:18:02 pm »
Quick question - somebody help me understand the concept of registering with a guest.

Attended last year with my wife - it was great.

Planning to attend this year with a friend (who is not yet an AHA member but will become one as part of this process). What is the advantage of us registering as guest - versus just two people registering?

Offline dsmitch19

• Cellarman
    • ASH
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2015, 12:44:36 pm »
Quick question - somebody help me understand the concept of registering with a guest.

Attended last year with my wife - it was great.

Planning to attend this year with a friend (who is not yet an AHA member but will become one as part of this process). What is the advantage of us registering as guest - versus just two people registering?

If you register with a guest, you will not be split up if the process ends up going to a lottery. You either both get in or not. Guests can also buy the social package this year but primary attendees can't. That's all I can think of...
Cheers!
Dennis Mitchell
Grand Master Judge + Mead Judge
BJCP Communications Director
AHA Governing Committee

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 02:27:28 pm »
The conference did not sell out last year (2014). This year in San Diego, who knows?

Hopefully, everyone who signs up will get an opportunity to register.

With two days of pre-registration left, does anyone know if it looks like we're headed for a lottery?
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 12:15:01 pm »
With two days of pre-registration left, does anyone know if it looks like we're headed for a lottery?

I seriously hope that the AHA does not have to resort to using a lottery for NHC 2015.  I do not see anything positive coming out of a lottery where member's do not have an equal shot at landing a registration slot.  Hopefully, the AHA will make signing up to judge the final round part of the National or higher preference.  Those who enter the National Homebrew Competition benefit from having the most qualified judges judge the final round.

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2015, 07:43:47 am »
well, I'm after the deadline, and still not sure I'll go, but I went ahead and decided to register.  It seems to have accepted it, except inability to change the "BJCP?" pulldown from NO.  Hopefully one way or another I'll see a bunch of you there.

cheers--
--Michael

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 06:52:09 pm »
well, I'm after the deadline, and still not sure I'll go, but I went ahead and decided to register.  It seems to have accepted it, except inability to change the "BJCP?" pulldown from NO.  Hopefully one way or another I'll see a bunch of you there.

cheers--
--Michael
Had a very good time in SD  2011.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 08:11:11 pm »
I didn't have any problem with the pulldown.

I'm really looking forward to it this year. This will be my 5th NHC. Had a great time there in '11.  The Town and Country was a great venue- it was like our own little resort in some ways.  Of course, it was really funny having that Health Care convention overlapping us.  What a contrast - all those suits and ties and women in skirts and dresses, then in come the beer guts, shorts, and t-shirts, beers in hand.

Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 08:08:08 am »
When will we know if we are in?  I don't recall reading anywhere about a time frame so I assumed that the day after registration closed I'd get an email one way or the other.   This will be my first NHC - just anxious to get all the downstream issues taken care of.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 08:14:32 am »
When will we know if we are in?  I don't recall reading anywhere about a time frame so I assumed that the day after registration closed I'd get an email one way or the other.   This will be my first NHC - just anxious to get all the downstream issues taken care of.

The. AHA will let us know soon.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 08:26:55 am »
When will we know if we are in?
Just looked up last year, and the pre-registration closed on 2/26 and the emails from Altitude to order actual tickets arrived on 3/3.  Obviously no guarantee they will follow that exact time table, but if it follows that same pattern, should be soon.  According to the website, they only say "before March 12".

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 09:13:50 am »

Oh, and I am looking forward to meeting you, Steve.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild