Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC 2015 San Diego. Changes to Registration  (Read 6038 times)

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: NHC 2015 San Diego. Changes to Registration
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 09:50:42 am »
When will we know if we are in?  I don't recall reading anywhere about a time frame so I assumed that the day after registration closed I'd get an email one way or the other.   This will be my first NHC - just anxious to get all the downstream issues taken care of.

Oh, and I am looking forward to meeting you, Steve.

Thanks!  Yes I am looking forward to meeting you and the other participants of this board!  We are planning to arrive Monday and spend a couple of days looking around San Diego.  I spent 4 years there in the Navy.  That was ~35 years ago!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 12:08:26 pm »
So when is the AHA Forum meet up? :D
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 01:33:49 pm »
Just saw this.  Apparently everybody who already registered is in and ticket purchase links should be going out by tomorrow:
http://www.ahaconference.org/news/2015-registration-update/

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2015, 01:40:06 pm »
Just saw this.  Apparently everybody who already registered is in and ticket purchase links should be going out by tomorrow:

That's Great!

@ Amanda - That is a great idea but this being my first NHC, I don't feel I have enough info to suggest a when.  Anyone?
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2015, 01:47:14 pm »

That's Great!

@ Amanda - That is a great idea but this being my first NHC, I don't feel I have enough info to suggest a when.  Anyone?

We had set it up one day between the morning and afternoon sessions last year and found a room to use.  It worked well since we had time for a meet up and still could get lunch before the afternoon sessions started. 

It would be cool to see this continue each year as tradition...maybe something formal can be done and put in the program....with beer of course.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 02:01:40 pm »
The motel isn't taking reservations until March 13  :(
Steve
BJCP #D1667

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 02:24:08 pm »

I figured it hadn't sold out since the AHA was pushing pre-registration right until the deadline instead of backing off.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 02:30:00 pm »
The motel isn't taking reservations until March 13  :(

Actually, it said "no later than," so it could be before the 13th.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 02:49:05 pm »

That's Great!

We had set it up one day between the morning and afternoon sessions last year and found a room to use.  It worked well since we had time for a meet up and still could get lunch before the afternoon sessions started. 

It would be cool to see this continue each year as tradition...maybe something formal can be done and put in the program....with beer of course.

Yeah, I believe Denny set it up last year. It was in the larger conference room off the main hall - good location.

If I could put my hat in the ring for Friday between morning session and afternoon session (like last year), I'd like that. Thursday is out for a lot of us due to NHC judging/stewarding and such.
Amanda Burkemper

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 04:33:42 pm »

Yeah, I believe Denny set it up last year. It was in the larger conference room off the main hall - good location.

If I could put my hat in the ring for Friday between morning session and afternoon session (like last year), I'd like that. Thursday is out for a lot of us due to NHC judging/stewarding and such.

I don't know the SD layout, but I think the location last year - well away from the hotel rooms, and the timing - right after people got out of a seminar, probably hurt the number of people who brought beer to share...

I remembered the meetup at the last minute, realized my cider/mead/beer was in the hotel room a good distance away, and said "screw it, someone else will bring drinks." 

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2015, 07:38:18 am »
^^ True, but perhaps that won't be an issue with the hotel and conference being in the same place this year. Like you though, just speculation since I wasn't there in 2011.
Amanda Burkemper

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2015, 07:49:29 am »
^^ True, but perhaps that won't be an issue with the hotel and conference being in the same place this year. Like you though, just speculation since I wasn't there in 2011.
We stayed at the Courtyard last year and that was almost as far away as out place at the Town and Country. Or so it seemed, the T&C is a big complex, and walking there were many buildings and the pool to negotiate around.

The convention center is on the west, we had a room on the east edge of the property.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Town+and+Country+Resort+%26+Convention+Center/@32.7634716,-117.1675642,657m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xcba5ae24f7a445ad
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 08:44:23 am »
We stayed at the Courtyard last year and that was almost as far away as out place at the Town and Country. Or so it seemed, the T&C is a big complex, and walking there were many buildings and the pool to negotiate around.

The convention center is on the west, we had a room on the east edge of the property.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Town+and+Country+Resort+%26+Convention+Center/@32.7634716,-117.1675642,657m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xcba5ae24f7a445ad
We stayed in one of the smaller two-story sections on the other side of the pool area.  It was very nice, with a front patio and lots of flowering plants.  I heard less than favorable things about the rooms in the high rise building.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 09:01:42 am »

We stayed in one of the smaller two-story sections on the other side of the pool area.  It was very nice, with a front patio and lots of flowering plants.  I heard less than favorable things about the rooms in the high rise building.
They have refurbished the rooms. We got an offer last year for a low rate introductory offer for the improved place.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!