Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Made in China Kegs  (Read 1327 times)

Offline wardens355

• 1st Kit
Made in China Kegs
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:12:10 pm »
I bought a couple kegs over Thanksgiving that were on sale for $70, but was a bit wary because they were made in China.  The price point was good enough to get over that trepidation.  Got the kegs earlier this week and made it a point to inspect the interior very well.  There were some very very small rust spots near the upper interior welds that were not that bewildering, but when I shone the flashlight on the bottom welds, it almost looked like bits of the rubber bottom were coming through the welds.  The rubber did not extend to the upper weld so that didn't make sense, but there was visible black residue. 

I sprayed out with a pretty vigorous nozzle, soaked with PBW, then rinsed several times.  After that I stuck my hand into the keg (with long sleeves, those lips are sharp) and rubbed a paper towel along the lower interior welds and there was a good amount of black residue.  The vendor indicated that any vigorous cleaning BKF may void their warranty with me, so I elected to return them.  The site indicated that the kegs were NSF certified, but would not get the official stamp until the next batch came over from China.

Maybe it was a fluke, but I will never buy a Chinese keg again...  only used or AEB Italian kegs from now on.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Made in China Kegs
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 07:15:17 pm »
Which vendor?

Edit - just saw your second post. Adventures in homebrewing.

Offline wardens355

• 1st Kit
Re: Made in China Kegs
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 07:22:02 pm »
Which vendor?

Edit - just saw your second post. Adventures in homebrewing.

Yeah they were from AIH.  Their customer service was great, so I don't want it to sound like it's anything against them.

Offline fangchunhalo

• 1st Kit
Re: Made in China Kegs
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 07:41:10 pm »
 :) there are many keg company in china.Some are good,however some are not good enough.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 08:04:20 pm by majorvices »