Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Brewing Beer Magazine  (Read 2037 times)

Offline AleForce

• Cellarman
    • AleForce1
Brewing Beer Magazine
« on: December 15, 2014, 07:21:58 am »
Was out shopping over the weekend and saw this Brewing Beer magazine. I purchased a copy for myself and after spending more time reviewing it I think I going to buy another copy or two to gift to friends that are on the fence about starting homebrewing.  Lots of great articles, brewing and cooking recipes.
Off We Go Into The Wild Brew Yonder!

Offline AleForce

• Cellarman
    • AleForce1
Re: Brewing Beer Magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 07:24:07 am »

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 04:03:18 pm »
Either my google skills have gone to hell, or they do not have a website. Any web addresses in there?

Offline merhlyn

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 04:51:03 pm »
Either my google skills have gone to hell, or they do not have a website. Any web addresses in there?

Looking at that picture, I recognized that as a book I had seen at Lowe's. So here is the link from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Brewing-Beer-Hobby-Farms-Special/dp/B00PDYRFW4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418687396&sr=8-1&keywords=725274251599

Michael

Offline AleForce

• Cellarman
    • AleForce1
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 04:53:49 pm »
They publish a lot of different magazines. This one is a special on brewing beer, it doesn't appear to be a monthly title like BYO or Zymurgy... I've seen their cheese making and gardening magazines too.  They are all very well done magazines.  I purchased my copy @ B&N , but have seen them also at Farm & Fleet  and Tractor Supply as well. 

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 06:20:04 pm »
They publish a lot of different magazines. This one is a special on brewing beer, it doesn't appear to be a monthly title like BYO or Zymurgy... I've seen their cheese making and gardening magazines too.  They are all very well done magazines.  I purchased my copy @ B&N , but have seen them also at Farm & Fleet  and Tractor Supply as well.
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw this at TSC. Of course, I was there buying a bucket heater for the brewery, so I guess I shouldn't have been that surprised.

It's one of those "special editions" you see 2 or three times a year from a magazine. In this case it's "Hobby Farms" magazine that puts it out. I didn't read through it, but I'd imagine it's targeted to the novice who is the self-sufficient type rather than someone who is already a homebrewer.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline AleForce

• Cellarman
    • AleForce1
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 05:27:51 am »
I started out many years ago after seeing a friend brew beer, and he recommended "The Joy of Homebrewing" book which I read a few times. The thing that I liked about this magazine was that is was up to date, concise, lots of photos and they made it look fun to brew. The way that "Hobby Farms" presented it they also display other avenues that the homebrewer could take the hobby with different ingredients and evening incorporating baking/cooking.  They also supplied references to places like the AHA and other resources for continued research. 

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 10:22:53 am »
I started out many years ago after seeing a friend brew beer, and he recommended "The Joy of Homebrewing" book which I read a few times. The thing that I liked about this magazine was that is was up to date, concise, lots of photos and they made it look fun to brew. The way that "Hobby Farms" presented it they also display other avenues that the homebrewer could take the hobby with different ingredients and evening incorporating baking/cooking.  They also supplied references to places like the AHA and other resources for continued research.
Then that's quite awesome. It definitely seems like a great way to expose new people to the hobby. Props to Hobby Farms for doing it right.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline cogitodp

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 08:53:24 pm »
Just picked up a copy the other day at BN, very good read with tons of good info.  I have only been homebrewing for a a little over a year, but read as much as I can on the subject.  This one is definitely a good read.   

Offline AleForce

• Cellarman
    • AleForce1
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2014, 09:03:35 am »
Someone emailed about what was in the magazine. Here's the Table of Contents..

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2014, 09:32:05 am »
For a one off publication that's pretty solid content.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing