Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Sausage Slicer - need help  (Read 7968 times)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Re: Sausage Slicer - need help
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2014, 03:49:10 pm »
That's funny. I just bought something that was shipped directly from China for $7. It wasn't expensive either - the order cost about $15 and it took about a 10 days to get here. I don't now why other countries are so expensive.

That looks really nice!
Last summer I bought a "gibson" Songbird pickguard from china on ebay, with shipping it was under 10 bucks and got here in like 8 days. No idea how they do that

exactly. last stuff my wife bought on ebay said sourced from china-got here just over a week. and then another showed up in a few more weeks, and another after that (only one order placed)!  somewhere the model is broken.

Ordered my wife an iPad through the Apple site and received it in 3 days from Chine with custom engraving.  I think UPS has 100 to 150 planes a day flying out of Korea, through Alaska and then down to California.

Paul

im convinced the chinese built a chunnel to california
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2014, 03:55:39 pm »
I've gotten deliveries from Hong Kong and Japan in less than three days. OTOH I won an Ebay auction which went about 35 days and I know he shipped it the day I bought it because of another package which arrived two weeks earlier. I have no idea how they can get it here in days and we cannot even go cross country with mail in the same time period.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 04:06:54 pm »
I've gotten deliveries from Hong Kong and Japan in less than three days. OTOH I won an Ebay auction which went about 35 days and I know he shipped it the day I bought it because of another package which arrived two weeks earlier. I have no idea how they can get it here in days and we cannot even go cross country with mail in the same time period.

I hear you. I tried like hell to get somebody to ship me a calibration weight for my water salt/hop scale - twice. Both were U.S. vendors, both failed to get it here after 30+ days. I ended up cancelling both orders and ordered a 3rd weight against my better judgement from China and I had it ten days later.  BS.
Jon H.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 04:15:48 pm »
Its still not "instant" gratification though. They could step it up a bit still

Offline mbalbritton

• Cellarman
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2014, 06:18:20 pm »

I want one of these and the only place I can find them for sale is France and the shipping is crazy expensive. If anyone spots one in the US, please let me know.

Can't tell in the photo, but is it a serrated blade? I love dried sausages and I'll make one of these bastards. That's cool!

Offline BrewBama

Sausage Slicer - need help
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 06:15:15 am »
I ordered a Weber Charcoal Pizza Oven from Amazon.de (German). It shipped from Milan Italy on the 11th, went thru Köln Germany, to Louisville KY, to Montgomery AL, delivered here to Huntspatch on the 15th. Amazing.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:16:50 am by BrewBama »

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 07:12:58 am »
I ordered a Weber Charcoal Pizza Oven from Amazon.de (German). It shipped from Milan Italy on the 11th, went thru Köln Germany, to Louisville KY, to Montgomery AL, delivered here to Huntspatch on the 15th. Amazing.

you had me at charcoal pizza oven.....nice
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline weazletoe

• Brewmaster General
  • Howland, Ohio
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 08:05:05 pm »
This is one of the tools I sell. It's 12volt comes with a battery and charger. It has a 5 year warranty and  year on the battery. My Milwaukee rep was just in a week ago  Friday and we were talking about it. I expressed my obvious safety concerns and according to him "If it'll cut a pipe, it'll cut a d!€k"
 So, I can only assume it would slice a sausage just fine. I can make you deal on one.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200400874_200400874?utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=Power%20Tools%20>%20Grinders,%20Cutting%20Tools%20%2B%20Accessories&utm_content=153442&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=153442&gclid=CjwKEAjwm-aqBRD39YPqhbzthzYSJACFj-AtcOvpfmWdmNsNsZMnnp8W6IVES2kYJhrpk12bjE9cEhoCZp7w_wcB
A man works hard all week, so he doesn't have to wear pants all weekend.

Offline boulderbrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 09:52:59 pm »
"If it'll cut a pipe, it'll cut a d!€k"
 So, I can only assume it would slice a sausage just fine. I can make you deal on one.

One for the ages! EPIC!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:22:56 am by boulderbrewer »

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »
Ouch, that's a mean looking cutting instrument
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 05:19:03 am »
This is one of the tools I sell. It's 12volt comes with a battery and charger. It has a 5 year warranty and  year on the battery. My Milwaukee rep was just in a week ago  Friday and we were talking about it. I expressed my obvious safety concerns and according to him "If it'll cut a pipe, it'll cut a d!€k"

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200400874_200400874?utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=Power%20Tools%20>%20Grinders,%20Cutting%20Tools%20%2B%20Accessories&utm_content=153442&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=153442&gclid=CjwKEAjwm-aqBRD39YPqhbzthzYSJACFj-AtcOvpfmWdmNsNsZMnnp8W6IVES2kYJhrpk12bjE9cEhoCZp7w_wcB
This is the first time in years I have thought of the name Lorena Bobbit.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 12:23:03 pm by pete b »
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline MDixon

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2017, 10:21:32 am »
I bought the thing last year for $76, and now Amazon has it for $58.
https://www.amazon.com/Bron-Coucke-Sausage-Chorizo-Guillotine/dp/B00AQKVMH4

We have used it and it is fantastic until you get down to the last inch or so of the sausage and it really is not safe to slice that with this slicer.
It's not a popularity contest, it's beer!