Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Farmers market Home Brew demonstration  (Read 3048 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Farmers market Home Brew demonstration
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:50:30 am »
Hi folks -

The North Olympic Brewers Guild will be doing a home brew demonstration at the Port Angeles, Wash. farmers market on May 15th.  We are promoting our club, and the LHBS.  If you are in the area, come on down and say hi.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Farmers market Home Brew demonstration
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:35:49 am »
Cool!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 12:26:47 pm »
Cool!

Thanks Denny, it should be fun.  Only problem is as the market is only four hours long, we'll have to do an extract recipe, but that's OK.  Were gonna do the "Hoppiness is an IPA" out of Brewing Classic Styles.  I must admit to loving that book.  Of course, me being a BNA freak, I'm almost obligated to like it....  LOL

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 12:52:14 pm »
I find it's a great book for a starting point for recipes.  Despite the fact that Jamil has won with all of those recipes, I've found that brewing them exactly as they are often doesn't make the beer I want to make.  So, I tend to brew them straight from the book, then tweak next time around based on the results of the first brew.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 03:05:41 pm »
I find it's a great book for a starting point for recipes.  Despite the fact that Jamil has won with all of those recipes, I've found that brewing them exactly as they are often doesn't make the beer I want to make.  So, I tend to brew them straight from the book, then tweak next time around based on the results of the first brew.

Nothing wrong with that.  In fact, as I have so much Munich, I added five pounds, instead of the 1.5 it recommends.  Kegging that tomorrow night, so we'll see.....