Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Home malted pilsner  (Read 2337 times)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Home malted pilsner
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 12:12:43 pm »
I'm kinda heading in the opposite direction.  The only thing I've grown is hops and I'm tearing them out this year.  Too much work and I just don't enjoy it any more.  Good on you guys who are growing and/or malting your own!
Its a wise move to accept that your not enjoying something that you thought you might or thought you "should". I have been trying to remember to ask myself if I really want to or need to spend the time when I take on a new project. Right now I really do enjoy growing some of my own ingredients and will continue to. But I'm trying to remain open to letting go of those things that I don't enjoy.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 01:05:01 pm »
I'm kinda heading in the opposite direction.  The only thing I've grown is hops and I'm tearing them out this year.  Too much work and I just don't enjoy it any more.  Good on you guys who are growing and/or malting your own!
Its a wise move to accept that your not enjoying something that you thought you might or thought you "should". I have been trying to remember to ask myself if I really want to or need to spend the time when I take on a new project. Right now I really do enjoy growing some of my own ingredients and will continue to. But I'm trying to remain open to letting go of those things that I don't enjoy.
+1 - I'm wrestling with this with my whole garden in general right now. Without fail, by June it seems to turn into a beast of burden rather than a labor of love. I just can't seem to make enough time for it. You can't lose sight of the fact that a hobby is supposed to be fun and not an obligation.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 01:31:52 pm »

I've grown hops for 12 years and for most of that time I really enjoyed growing, processing, and using them.  But I've had so much yield from the plant the last few years that it's become a chore rather than a joy.  A hobby should never be a chore!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell