Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New Club?  (Read 2416 times)

Offline dean

• Brewmaster
  • Me and Hayden, my newest grandson.
New Club?
« on: May 04, 2010, 06:41:15 am »
I went to the AHA site looking at how to etc. but it looks pretty complicated, all the go to this page then that page.  Maybe I'm looking into the wrong aspect of it as I don't want a web page etc. for the time being. 

I would just like some help getting it noticed by anyone searching this area, will the AHA let me add the club name, contact info and location to the AHA directory?

I'm hoping there are other homebrewers looking around online that might be interested in a local club.  I could use some suggestions for a name, but then maybe I should wait to see if there is any interest first?  The area has a lot of logging history, most of these towns were logging camps at one time.  The closest town is Hersey, MI... here is a name I'm kinda tossing around... Hersey Lagers... (although I've yet to brew a true lager myself.)  ::) :D   Its kinda short and doesn't say anything about homebrewing so feel free to help with a name or tweeking this one?  Man I hope this flies or I find another club close by... one or the other. 

Dean

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
Re: New Club?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:08:16 am »
I went to the AHA site looking at how to etc. but it looks pretty complicated, all the go to this page then that page.  Maybe I'm looking into the wrong aspect of it as I don't want a web page etc. for the time being. 

I would just like some help getting it noticed by anyone searching this area, will the AHA let me add the club name, contact info and location to the AHA directory?

I'm hoping there are other homebrewers looking around online that might be interested in a local club.  I could use some suggestions for a name, but then maybe I should wait to see if there is any interest first?  The area has a lot of logging history, most of these towns were logging camps at one time.  The closest town is Hersey, MI... here is a name I'm kinda tossing around... Hersey Lagers... (although I've yet to brew a true lager myself.)  ::) :D   Its kinda short and doesn't say anything about homebrewing so feel free to help with a name or tweeking this one?  Man I hope this flies or I find another club close by... one or the other. 

Dean

Hi Dean,

You can certainly register your new homebrew club with the AHA using the Club Information Form link found on http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/directories/find-a-club.  It's best if you choose a name for the club before registering, but it isn't required.  You could list it as "To Be Determined."

Cheers,
   Janis

Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org