Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tropical session white ipa?  (Read 6956 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Tropical session white ipa?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 05:46:40 am »
Looks nice!
Jon H.

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 10:01:54 am »

So the Aroma on my beer is definitly just like this it's crazy I knew I smelled it some where but couldn't put my finger on it,  lol thought it was interesting

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2015, 10:15:43 am »
Yeah, there are some crazy hop aromas in a lot of the new hops out there. El Dorado smells like watermelon Jolly Ranchers, Citra, Galaxy and others like mango (and other tropical fruits), Calypso like apple and pear, Lemon Drop like, well, lemon drops, etc etc.  Cool stuff.
Jon H.

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »
Yea everytime I smelled the aroma I was like this is familiar but what the hell is it,  then I opened this today and was like holy crap this is my beer lol makes the what you know about ipa a total different view on aroma and flavor lol,  this has amarillo citra and Galaxy so all tropical goodness in the whirlpool still wish I would of cut 1/2 oz out of each of the whirlpool and add the taken out whirlpool to a dry hop addition for more in your face aroma

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 03:47:48 pm »

Glad the recipe worked out for you!

You happen to have any pics of finished beers of this recipe?  Would love to see how close I came to color? Solid recipe that's for sure I tweaked the hops since I love hops and more are better lol

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »
Yea everytime I smelled the aroma I was like this is familiar but what the hell is it,  then I opened this today and was like holy crap this is my beer lol makes the what you know about ipa a total different view on aroma and flavor lol,  this has amarillo citra and Galaxy so all tropical goodness in the whirlpool still wish I would of cut 1/2 oz out of each of the whirlpool and add the taken out whirlpool to a dry hop addition for more in your face aroma

That's the great thing about brewing your own beer - you can tweak it next time !  Looks like you did a nice job.
Jon H.