Author Topic: WA area brewers!  (Read 2037 times)

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
Re: WA area brewers!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 08:17:05 PM »
Book signing tour!!  You should get a bus....

Thinking about an older model Greyhound with a bunch of Dead stickers on the back. ;)

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 03:43:29 AM »
Denny-

You need to stop by Tom Schmidlin's new brewery, PostDoc Brewing.  It's in Redmond, it's open, and only about 15 or 20 mins from Kenmore.  He has 4 beers on right now, with more to come.

I work right by there in Redmond, but I live a good 45 mins the other directions from Kenmore, otherwise I'd pop in to see you up there.

Take care-
Steve

I hope I can make time for that, Steve.

Tom Says he would be deeply, deeply hurt if you didn't swing by. Also, we are right on the way from Kenmore to Centralia. You could even do a book signing at the brewery!  8)

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 02:29:45 PM »
Denny-

You need to stop by Tom Schmidlin's new brewery, PostDoc Brewing.  It's in Redmond, it's open, and only about 15 or 20 mins from Kenmore.  He has 4 beers on right now, with more to come.

I work right by there in Redmond, but I live a good 45 mins the other directions from Kenmore, otherwise I'd pop in to see you up there.

Take care-
Steve

I hope I can make time for that, Steve.

Tom Says he would be deeply, deeply hurt if you didn't swing by. Also, we are right on the way from Kenmore to Centralia. You could even do a book signing at the brewery!  8)
Your living the dream Marc! Say hello to Tom for us. Play some Dead for Denny when he stops by,  8)
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 05:09:09 PM »
Your living the dream Marc! Say hello to Tom for us. Play some Dead for Denny when he stops by,  8)

Marc, are you working with Tom?  I'm going back to Bainbridge after Kenmore, then on to Centralia the next day, so it's not a direct shot.  And I'll KNOW if the Dead is playing....my automatic vomit reflex kicks in!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »

Marc, are you working with Tom?  I'm going back to Bainbridge after Kenmore, then on to Centralia the next day, so it's not a direct shot.  And I'll KNOW if the Dead is playing....my automatic vomit reflex kicks in!

PostDoc announced the addition of Marc to the Team on Facebook a little while back.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
AHA Governing Committee
BJCP National
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »

PostDoc announced the addition of Marc to the Team on Facebook a little while back.

Well, that's cool!  Wonder why I didn't see it?

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
    • Yellowhammer Brewing Company
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 02:40:20 AM »

I missed that too. Another great reason for me to come up and visit. And I have some planning going on right now.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Delaware
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 02:41:08 PM »
If I leave now I can make it in time and maybe even take a nap during the 44 hour drive. Game on!

Please bring coffee stout.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »
If I leave now I can make it in time and maybe even take a nap during the 44 hour drive. Game on!

We have a coffee porter on tap at the taproom!

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »

We have a coffee porter on tap at the taproom!

Marc, I'm gonna try to make it.  Are you and/or Tom going to be around Sat. afternoon?

www.dennybrew.com

Offline denny

• Administrator
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »
Looks like I'll be at Postdoc from about 3-5 PM on Sat.  Come on by!

www.dennybrew.com

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life.
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
You guys out west have all of the fun....but I definitely endorse the Experimental Homebrewing book by Drew and Denny.  As I read it, it sounded in my head like a written script extension from the NHC presentation, but with recipes!  Very good read.
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline santoch

• Brewmaster
  • North Bend, WA
    • WAHA
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »
Figures I instigated this but can't make it.  My daughter has a competition while Denny will be there.
I did manage stop by last night on the way home from work, and saw Mark (Tom was out).  The IPA and the Belgian Rye Pale Ale both tasted really good.

Steve

Mt. Si Brewing Society
Washington Homebrewer's Association (WAHA)
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge

Offline dcb

• Assistant Brewer
  • Num, me vexo?
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »

Stopped by to meet Denny this morning and pick up  a copy of his book.   You couldn't hope to meet a nicer guy.  He's passionate and clearly have a ball doing what he's doing.   

Raise a glass to Denny!

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 08:46:11 PM »
That's awesome. Sure it was a good time.
Jon H.