Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Buffalo sweat clone w/ pumpkin?  (Read 928 times)

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
Buffalo sweat clone w/ pumpkin?
« on: January 05, 2015, 10:18:08 am »
I brewed a buffalo swear clone and from HBT a guy had the recipe for the pumpkin version,  I brewed it for thanksgiving and it's still tasting amazing if not
Better, my question is what  category would that style fall under for a compitition?  It's an oatmeal cream stout but with the pumpkin and spices would it fall under pumpkin yam beer or specialty?  Wanting to enter this and my ipa I just brewed in the HopCourage competition for autism so figured if I want to at least get scored right I better figure out what category this would do best in

Offline Black Sands Brewery & Supply

• Assistant Brewer
  • Head Brewer - Black Sands
    • Black Sands
Re: Buffalo sweat clone w/ pumpkin?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 06:26:22 pm »
I brewed a buffalo swear clone and from HBT a guy had the recipe for the pumpkin version,  I brewed it for thanksgiving and it's still tasting amazing if not
Better, my question is what  category would that style fall under for a compitition?  It's an oatmeal cream stout but with the pumpkin and spices would it fall under pumpkin yam beer or specialty?  Wanting to enter this and my ipa I just brewed in the HopCourage competition for autism so figured if I want to at least get scored right I better figure out what category this would do best in

i'd recommend both. no rules about submitting the same beer to two different categories. i and many others do this for NHC comp too...
Free recipes available for download on our website www.blacksandsbeer.com