Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Membership Question  (Read 3157 times)

Offline ANSON_WOOD

• 1st Kit
Membership Question
« on: December 10, 2014, 07:13:02 pm »
My wife bought me an AHA membership and gave it to me early so I could start saving money on brew supplies. That was around the beginning of November, maybe October.

Anyway, I registered it online right away.  I haven't got a card, a magazine, or anything. Does the past month count as part of my one year membership? That would suck.

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: Membership Question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 07:57:12 pm »
The magazine is every other month and the last one shipped in October, so you just missed that one. You should get the new issue soon though. A cool new benefit is that you can log in to eZymurgy and read issues going back many years.

I'm sure someone from AHA will chime in about membership. They are quick to respond here.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline ANSON_WOOD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 08:10:31 pm »
The magazine is every other month and the last one shipped in October, so you just missed that one. You should get the new issue soon though. A cool new benefit is that you can log in to eZymurgy and read issues going back many years.

I'm sure someone from AHA will chime in about membership. They are quick to respond here.

Good to hear.

Offline ANSON_WOOD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 07:12:49 am »
So far I'm not impressed.

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 07:21:38 am »
The sun isn't even up in Denver yet.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006

Offline ANSON_WOOD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 07:39:54 am »
The last I heard from them was an email on November 5th about the AHA conference.  The sun has risen and set many times since they received my wife's money.

Offline ANSON_WOOD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 09:00:12 am »
Never mind. I talked to Graham this morning. He says it was lost in the mail. He's going to extend the membership. He says it must have been lost in the mail. Two more weeks to make the card, and we try again.

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 09:07:08 am »
Gotcha. I didn't know you had previously contacted them.
AHA Member since 2006

Offline ANSON_WOOD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 12:52:25 pm »
Actually, I just checked the calendar. If the post office in Colorado is as unreliable as he says it is, I want to stay on top of the situation.

2 weeks is Christmas. If it takes 2 weeks to get a card made, it'll be 2015 before I see it.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 01:42:47 pm »
Actually, I just checked the calendar. If the post office in Colorado is as unreliable as he says it is, I want to stay on top of the situation.

2 weeks is Christmas. If it takes 2 weeks to get a card made, it'll be 2015 before I see it.

can you get your number at least? that should be sufficient for most of the online discounts anyway. Probably if you explain most of the brick and morter places would accept that as well.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline ANSON_WOOD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 01:46:43 pm »

can you get your number at least? that should be sufficient for most of the online discounts anyway. Probably if you explain most of the brick and morter places would accept that as well.

Good question.  I'll find out.

Offline ANSON_WOOD

• 1st Kit
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 03:16:07 pm »
I did find my membership number in my account information.  I figured that would have come in an email or something when I signed up if it was available, but I have it now.  That's a good start.  Thanks for the suggestion.   ;D

Offline palmert

• 1st Kit
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 09:39:48 am »
I am having the same trouble, membership was paid for around october/november and still haven't received any information or card.
  I did just get my first issue of Zymurgy in January but it sure would be nice to have my membership card or at least some sort of welcome notice or thanks for your money.  I was starting to wonder if I was only dreaming I paid for 2 memberships.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 09:46:45 am »
I am having the same trouble, membership was paid for around october/november and still haven't received any information or card.
  I did just get my first issue of Zymurgy in January but it sure would be nice to have my membership card or at least some sort of welcome notice or thanks for your money.  I was starting to wonder if I was only dreaming I paid for 2 memberships.

Shoot an email to matt@brewersassociation.org.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell