Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA Member Surveys  (Read 4781 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: AHA Member Surveys
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 10:57:42 am »
Hey all I know is I have a ton of interests and they're always in conflict. Doesn't stop me! Why should this? :)

You guys can have all of the medium and 4X shirts that they can't sell.  :D
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline wpshadowens

• Cellarman
  • Macomb, MI
    • CRAFT Homebrew Club
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 08:09:32 am »
Completed the surveys and now just waiting for my prize winning email!  ;)

Thanks to the governing committee and everyone else involved in running the AHA for ALL of your hard work and dedication.

Prost!

Bill
Bill Shadowens
Secretary, CRAFT Homebrew Club
(Clinton River Association of Fermentation Technologists)

Great minds drink alike...

Offline Crispy275

• Global Moderator
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 08:07:25 am »
The surveys have been instrumental in a variety of ways for the AHA. We are especially heartened by this years response. The major difference this year was both the Forum and the direct email that Gary Glass sent. In years past we only requested action via TechTalk, but now with both the Forum and the email, our response rate more than tripled (3,000 responses and growing!) and we have better information of who "we" are.

And Fred, one other "conflict of interest" item that has always bummed me out - we (the Governing Committee) are not eligible for the Lallemand Scholarship that is given away each year at the National Homebrewers Conference. From the website (http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/scholarship.html):

This two-week course (valued at $3,350) is provided at the Siebel Institute of Technology campus in Chicago, America's oldest and most recognized brewing school. The winner also receives $1,000 towards any expenses while in Chicago, one of America's most exciting and vibrant cities.

Members of the AHA Governing Committee, Brewers Association Board of Directors, staff of the Brewers Association, Siebel, Lallemand, and anyone who has previously been awarded any scholarship to the Siebel Institute are ineligible.

I didn't know that the first couple of years, and then Gary spelled it out and I was bummed   :'(
Chris P. Frey, aka "Crispy"
Mountain Ale & Lager Tasters MALT)
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild (AABG)
Fermental Order of Renaissance Draughtsmen (FORD)