Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: ROAD TRIP!!!!!  (Read 3580 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: ROAD TRIP!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 09:41:53 am »
oh man I can't wait to be back east. Pete B. good ideas all. that end of the trip is still very up in the air. It may well have to remain that way as we will be playing dodge-um with the weather at that point.
Yea, I figured that would be a game day call based on road conditions. Hopefully we'll be in the middle of a January thaw.

instead of a a full on february blizzard. yes please. If it was just the truck I wouldn't worry too much, it's a 4wd beast but with a 26ft camper behind I just don't know.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 09:43:45 am »
You going to be back in time to submit an entry for the 14th Star competition?

I'm hoping to get down to CT this weekend to check out Two Roads and New England Brewing Company. If I make it, I'll let you know how they are.

If for some reason you're coming up along I-93 in NH, let me know.  I can take you by 3-4 breweries and a meadery (Moonlight) in the Derry/Londonderry area, all right off the highway.  And don't get me started on the Seacoast!
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 09:47:25 am »
You going to be back in time to submit an entry for the 14th Star competition?

I'm hoping to get down to CT this weekend to check out Two Roads and New England Brewing Company. If I make it, I'll let you know how they are.

If for some reason you're coming up along I-93 in NH, let me know.  I can take you by 3-4 breweries and a meadery (Moonlight) in the Derry/Londonderry area, all right off the highway.  And don't get me started on the Seacoast!

I hope so! I paid my 10 bucks already. I've got a couple beers in the closet that I could submit but I'm going to try to get a kit together and knock out a marzen or a CAP instead. I kind of dig the pressure of only being able to enter one beer. Really have to put some thought into which recipe is doable in the time period, commercially viable, and spot on. My marzen recipe always scores very well and the CAP has done well in comps and uses corn which is a very VT sort of ingredient.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline jaftak22

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 01:27:11 pm »
Detour through Colorado! So many brew houses!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 03:22:37 pm »
Detour through Colorado! So many brew houses!

So much snow and mountains! I would love to. we have friends in the boulder area but the idea of hauling a 26 foot trailer and everything I hold dear in the world over ice and snow covered passes just... well, chills my blood.
-A Einstein

- J Joyce

Offline jaftak22

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 03:49:46 pm »
Can't say that I blame you much. It seems like here in Colorado Springs new brew pubs are popping up every week! You will find some great ones on the way no doubt