Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: footwear  (Read 13607 times)

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: footwear
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2015, 08:57:56 am »
You're welcome
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline 69franx

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2015, 08:59:27 am »
Dr's basically said that when your shoes start to get nice and comfy, it's probably because they are wearing out, time for new ones
Frank L.
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Stevie

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2015, 09:08:49 am »

Dr's basically said that when your shoes start to get nice and comfy, it's probably because they are wearing out, time for new ones
Sounds like your doctors are sadists.

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2015, 09:24:38 am »
Keith it looks like you got 7 months of wear and tear on them. With my bad feet, my doctor and podiatrist have told me to get new shoes for every 6 months of wear. If you wore these daily and worked in them 6-7 days a week (brewer's hours, right) I don't think you can expect more out of a pair of boots. When I worked on my feet 60-70 hours a week in restaurant kitchens, I bought new red wing boots at least every 6-8 months. Just my .02, it's never fun to have soakers though.

That was my first thought too.  In my past lives I've never gotten 7 months out a pair boots I wore 5 or 6 days a week.  People typically wear a pair of shoes way longer than they should.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline 69franx

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2015, 09:32:26 am »

Sounds like your doctors are sadists.
They're in cahoots with the shoe companies I guess
Frank L.

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
footwear
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2016, 04:36:47 pm »
Anyone looking for some good rubber steel toe boots for brewing check out shoes for crews guardian IV, changed glycol lines today from an old set up to a trunk set up and the boots didn't slide at all very comfortable only thing that time will tell is how long they hold up,   But solid boot for the dollar price

https://www.shoesforcrews.com/sfc3/index.cfm?changeWebsite=US_en&route=c_store.viewDetailsOfProduct&partnumber=2063
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:12:19 pm by hophead636 »