Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: keggle  (Read 2628 times)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: keggle
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2015, 07:09:28 pm »
What's your batch size? If its 5 gallons or more I would just go with batch sparging in a cooler. I do <5 gallons biab (usually 2.5 gal) and anything 5 gallons+ batch sparging with a converted cooler.
Batch size is 5 gallons but im starting to think of going to a mash tun and possibly doing larger batches. Ive been brewing via BIAB since may and have learned so much and have made some pretty decent beers as well but time isn't on my side. Brew days are pretty hard to get an am thinking 10 gal batches might make more sense. Still trying to figure it all out. I will need a new kettle and cooler and most likely a new burner. Look for another post on this forum regarding the dark star burner i bought.
I went the other direction as far as time management. I went to smaller biab batches that I can manage on a weeknight so I actually brew more. I still do 5 gal batches when I can on a weekend but am actually brewing once a week instead of less by doing smaller batches.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline 69franx

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Bloatarian Brewing League
Re: keggle
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 10:59:13 pm »
Pete I love that idea, but I don't think I could get away with cluttering up the kitchen 1+ nights a week. Glad you can make it work, keep it up
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)