Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: KCBM XXXII Annual Competition - Commercial Ramp Up with 600 entry limit  (Read 1552 times)

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
The Kansas City Bier Meisters are hosting our 32nd Annual Competition. This year's theme is "Hot Summer Nights". There is a special category and a special prize for any "Summer Beer" - a beer that evokes the feeling of summer from the depths of a chilly February afternoon.

Like last year, we are partnering with Cinder Block Brewing to ramp up one lucky brewer's recipe. We are also capping the competition at 600 entries this year.

What does this mean to you? Well, we are a stop on the Midwest Homebrewer of the Year circuit and the High Plains circuit. So if you need to get in on these circuits, want a chance to have your beer brewed on a 15 BBL commercial scale or would like to come volunteer, then you should get in on this soon. Enter here: http://www.kcbiermeisters.org/comp

Want to volunteer? We love taking care of our volunteers. Sub sandwiches and donuts? Not here. Smoked sausages, breakfast casserole and Waldo pizza just for taking time out of your life to help us pull this off.

Banquet will be yet another beer pairing dinner, featuring beers you can't even get yet, to the theme of "Midwest Winter Luau". Tickets are for sale here (http://www.kcbiermeisters.org/competitions/kcbm-competition.html#Speaker), for $35. It is a 3 course meal.

There will be a huge raffle sponsored by Central States Beverage before our banquet, so $1 could get you a brand new neon sign! See? We really do take care of our volunteers. A portion of the proceeds will go to our local food bank, Harvesters.

Cheers!
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: KCBM XXXII Annual Competition - Commercial Ramp Up with 600 entry limit
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 07:07:04 am »
I'm glad the deadline is still 10 days away.  I sent my entries earlier this week but they are now delayed due to the blizzard.  I'm confident they will get there in time.

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------