Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Packers v Seahawks  (Read 6249 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Packers v Seahawks
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2015, 03:58:08 pm »
As a huge Colts fan, I will say that they could've played with beach balls, golf balls, volleyballs, or frisbees and gotten thumped. The Colts played like absolute S@$t from the kickoff. No sour grapes. We sucked and deserved to lose. NONETHELESS, 11 of 12 balls is damn sure no coincidence, and the fact that it wasn't a close game doesn't suddenly make this ok. It goes to the integrity of the game.
Of course it doesn't, but it takes a lot more than one thing to cause a blowout.

Steve, I guess I wasn't clear enough.  The Colts got embarrassed because they couldn't tackle anybody, and their WRs couldn't get open for the entire game. They sucked in every phase of the game.  They deserved to lose and did lose based on these things. But that didn't make rigging the footballs to gain an advantage in bad weather acceptable just because it was a blowout. Because who picks the point differential where cheating is and isn't ok ?
My sour grapes are with my team for playing so lousy and embarrasing the city. And if the Colts got caught doing something this dumb, I'd be furious at them. It's dumb for any team to do, especially one that doesn't need an advantage anyway.
Jon H.

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2015, 11:52:09 am »
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2015, 11:59:45 am »
Such a huge drop off in coverage from yesterday after the press conferences (why the hell do they have non-sports reporters cover a sports conference...pathetic), D'quell (or however the hell you spell it) saying he never mentioned anything about the ball being underinflated, the NFL dragging it's feet on a decision and they haven't even contacted Brady for an interview.

As far as I'm concerned, this was a witch hunt by a butt hurt head coach that got out thought and cried all the way to the NFL, who told him basically get over it!

So much misinformation in this whole affair by the media, so my final word on this is:

Time to start talking about winning a football game.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

narvin

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2015, 12:38:32 pm »
Maybe this is why the Pats could actually catch the ball for once in the game against the Ravens this year.  I hope Amendola doesn't revert to his old ways once they pump the ball up for the Super Bowl.

Too bad, since the Ravens were without so many starters and still almost pulled it out.  All we heard two years ago was, "Oh, the Pats are better and would have won if Talib didn't go out in the second half."  ;)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2015, 01:07:00 pm »
Too bad, since the Ravens were without so many starters and still almost pulled it out.  All we heard two years ago was, "Oh, the Pats are better and would have won if Talib didn't go out in the second half."  ;)

Of all the teams in the NFL, the Ravens scare me the most.  They always play the Pats hard.
Who knew the Pats success was not having Talib at all instead of losing him in the playoffs every year :)
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------