Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Critique my IPA recipe  (Read 3302 times)

Offline trapae

• Brewer
Re: Critique my IPA recipe
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 05:06:57 pm »
Update: I kegged this IPA a week ago and tapped it two days ago when it was carbed appropriately.  I ended up not dry hopping it because I wanted to see how much aroma and flavor I would get from the whirlpool alone.  Got to say, I am extremely happy with the results. Even without the dry hopping, it has the best aroma of any IPA I have made in the hop flavor is also stronger and more pleasant. I don't think I will be making any more IPAs without the whirlpool technique.  Thanks all for the advice.
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 05:13:14 pm »
Update: I kegged this IPA a week ago and tapped it two days ago when it was carbed appropriately.  I ended up not dry hopping it because I wanted to see how much aroma and flavor I would get from the whirlpool alone.  Got to say, I am extremely happy with the results. Even without the dry hopping, it has the best aroma of any IPA I have made in the hop flavor is also stronger and more pleasant. I don't think I will be making any more IPAs without the whirlpool technique.  Thanks all for the advice.

Awesome. Enjoy !
Jon H.

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 10:20:21 pm »
Great to hear! I could never get as much hop flavor in my beers as I wanted until I started doing hop stands. One I tried it, I was sold.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2015, 05:56:12 am »
Great to hear! I could never get as much hop flavor in my beers as I wanted until I started doing hop stands. One I tried it, I was sold.

Same here.  I also think the aroma from the stand is longer lasting than the late boil additions since the oils aren't boiled off.
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2015, 07:46:22 am »
I've been doing hopstands lately too and love it. Nice mellow flavor.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.