Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Equinox Hops  (Read 6952 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Equinox Hops
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 05:07:18 am »
Just got a pound from Yakima Valley Hops and excited to try it out. Also got a pound of Fuggles so I can make a Saquatch Repelant - CDA by blending with Northern Brewer. Looking for cedar-earthy-campfire/roastiness. But anyway... also got a pound of Crystal to try on a summer blonde.

I need to be careful, I dont want to become a hop head

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 05:18:37 am »
Just got a pound from Yakima Valley Hops and excited to try it out. Also got a pound of Fuggles so I can make a Saquatch Repelant - CDA by blending with Northern Brewer. Looking for cedar-earthy-campfire/roastiness. But anyway... also got a pound of Crystal to try on a summer blonde.

I need to be careful, I dont want to become a hop head

I think you'll like Equinox, Jim. It's become a staple in many of my hop forward beers. Equinox kinda wants to conform and hang out with all of the other fruity hops, but he's still a little too cool for that. You get a nice citrus kick up front, but it balances out with a slight dank/resinous finish.
Frank

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 05:47:26 am »
I think you'll like Equinox, Jim. It's become a staple in many of my hop forward beers. Equinox kinda wants to conform and hang out with all of the other fruity hops, but he's still a little too cool for that. You get a nice citrus kick up front, but it balances out with a slight dank/resinous finish.

Yep, great hop. Really like it.
Jon H.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 06:22:48 am »
Right now I'm free rising my Stout for NHC (still a little surreal) then I have two packs of 2352 Munich 2 I need to use up. Thinking Helles and Dunkles. Then... im rocking a couple IPAs, one of which I plan to pair Amarillo and Equinox and let them duke it out.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 06:29:20 am »
I plan to pair Amarillo and Equinox and let them duke it out.

Equinox will win, but they'll go great together. Awesome on the rebrew of the stout, too. Hope it does well again.
Jon H.