Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Making progress with SWMBO  (Read 5312 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Making progress with SWMBO
« on: January 25, 2015, 09:33:48 am »
A couple years back, SWMBO would only drink Coors Light and at my request would "try" various craft offerings. Usually coupled with a bitter beer face from a tiny sip and a comment like "Hmmm, thats really strong." After a while if she was really feeling daring she might finish a whole glass of Fat Tire.

Flash forward... if she brings home a six pack of Coors Light, she might have two or three over the course of a weekend. This weekend she chose Deschutes Red Chair on tap as her go to beer. Drained a pint of Fresh Sqeezed IPA, finished my pint of Crux IPA that was too dank for me. Cheered and immediately confiscated  $21 bottle of Logsdon kriek that I scored... as well as dabbled in several other tasters of IPA, pale, Scottish, stouts, and funkys.

I'm so proud

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Making progress with SWMBO
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 09:57:16 am »
That's pretty awesome. As for beer, my wife will pretty much only drink Lindeman's fruit lambics and other fruit beers I make for her.
Jon H.

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:06:49 am »
Last summer while in Seattle, my brother and I were on a mad search for Fresh Squeezed...did not disappoint!

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 10:53:28 am »
My wife would not drink beer until she got cravings for it during her second pregnancy. Don't freak out, she'd only have one every now and then, but now she only drinks wine with her friends.

What scares me is that now she is starting to get a taste for coffee. And I already have a son who is drinking at least a cup of my $15+ dollar a pound coffee, and a pound of coffee barely makes it through the week. :(

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:46 am »
Yeah we go through the pricey coffee pretty fast in my house,too.  Except I'm the main offender. I drink the run of the mill stuff at work, but I do like good stuff at home.
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 12:18:03 pm »
My girlfriend likes barlywines, strong Belgians and wee heavys the best and is the meadmaker of the family. And she's nuts for Islay scotches. Someone we work with started a bulk coffee buying club with a very good local roaster so we get 5# for the fridge and that lasts about 2 months in our freezer.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 12:23:02 pm »
My lady likes most any beer that isn't hoppy. I stopped brewing for her after I realized that two of three kegs in the keezer were "hers." She really like dry styles, fruit styles, and some sours. Her favorite beer is Lagunitas cappuccino stout. Bought her a case for valentines one year.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 02:38:03 pm »
My girlfriend likes barlywines, strong Belgians and wee heavys the best and is the meadmaker of the family. And she's nuts for Islay scotches. Someone we work with started a bulk coffee buying club with a very good local roaster so we get 5# for the fridge and that lasts about 2 months in our freezer.
Sometimes I read a post of my own and think " what snobby tool wrote that?" I'm usually quite nice and modest. Really.

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 03:47:28 pm »
Before some health issues came up my wife loved pretty much any style of good beer.
She was into the dark stuff before I was.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 03:57:02 pm »
Sometimes I read a post of my own and think " what snobby tool wrote that?" I'm usually quite nice and modest. Really.

Oh Lord, comeon! You are a snobby tool. And your in good company! ;)

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 04:17:45 pm »

Oh Lord, comeon! You are a snobby tool. And your in good company! ;)
So I should just go with it?

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 04:19:18 pm »
Absolutely! It certainly doesn't stop anyone else!

Offline tommymorris

Making progress with SWMBO
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 04:36:57 pm »
My wife only likes cider. She gets the bitter beer face for all beer. Any suggestions for beer for her to try. I'd rather buy her commercial until I find something she likes.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 04:39:11 pm »
My wife only likes cider. She gets the bitter beer face for all beer. Any suggestions for beer for her to try. I'd rather buy her commercial until I find something she likes.

IME you gotta get her pregnant twice!

Offline tommymorris

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 04:44:03 pm »

IME you gotta get her pregnant twice!
I've already done that! Didn't help. Three times is out of the question. We're too old.