General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

does anyone brew two batches at the same time?

(1/7) > >>

woody:
Any have a dual setup, i.e. two burners, two mashtuns and two boil kettles so you can do simultaneous batches?   
I suppose I could upgrade to 20 gallon batches instead of 10, but I wouldn't care for 20 gallons of the same beer all at once.   
Aside from the initial cost, I can only see a few problems...   would splitting my garden hose into a Y to run two chillers be effective enough?   
And I'd probably have to keep good notes on what goes in which batch at what time... (I can see it now-   Oh s**t!  I just dumped 2 ounces of centennial in my german pils at flameout instead of the IPA!)   

denny:
A guy in our club has 3 large systems and often does 3 batches at once.  I've heard stories of "Oh, crap, what goes into which batch when?"  Me, I'm not brave enough to try it.

tesla_hv:
I've done two in one day but only one burner so never two at a time.

woody:

--- Quote from: denny on November 11, 2009, 03:31:25 PM ---A guy in our club has 3 large systems and often does 3 batches at once.  I've heard stories of "Oh, crap, what goes into which batch when?"  Me, I'm not brave enough to try it.

--- End quote ---

ha ha I'd have to plan carefully.   I think I could pull it off.   Hell, sometimes at work I'm designing, programming and running jobs on 4+ CNCs at the same time when we're short handed, so I should be able to handle 2 brew days.    And they don't even let me drink at work!    A beer would make it all the easier....  ;-)

pashusa:
Why?  It seems like a lot of work. Would be kinda hard to relax not worry and have a home brew while you were doing that much WORK. I takes me a month or two to drink up one 5 gallon batch. Leaves me more than enough time to brew more batches some time in that period. Maybe if you were planning a big party or had to use up a lot of grains fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version