Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Bud's latest TV spots taking on craft brewing  (Read 831 times)

Offline Lazy Ant Brewing

• Brewmaster
Bud's latest TV spots taking on craft brewing
« on: February 10, 2015, 05:09:44 pm »
How many of you have seen Budweiser's tv spots against craft brewing? 

I wonder if craft brewing and home brewing is seriously impacting the mainline breweries selling mostly yellow pilsner?

Of course, the great thing about the craft beer revolution is it gave us choices of what to drink and in some cases choices we didn't even know existed.

I grew up in a small Midwestern town and for decades the only beer that I knew existed was variations of pilsner, and I didn't drink much beer because I didn't really like pilsner.

Budweiser, you can keep your yellow pilsner; I prefer a good black-as-midnight coffee stout with extra heavy roasted barley for a good non-hop bitterness.

But cheers no matter what you're drinking.

Comments please.

It's easier to read brewing books and get information from the forum than to sacrifice virgins to appease the brewing gods when bad beer happens!

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
Re: Bud's latest TV spots taking on craft brewing
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:25:36 pm »
That conversation is already in progress here: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=21991.0

Join in!
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

narvin

Re: Bud's latest TV spots taking on craft brewing
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 04:51:45 pm »
American lager.  The only thing it shares in common with a Pilsner is lager yeast and the name they ripped off from the Czechs.