Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Shot Across The Bow...  (Read 6152 times)

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: Shot Across The Bow...
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2015, 05:50:52 am »
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2015, 06:59:06 am »
What is the over/under on how long Dick Cantwell stays at Elysian?
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline Stevie

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2015, 07:46:57 am »
Some congressional anger too.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/09/bud-ad-sparks-beer-fight.html

I saw that last night. I was tired when I read it, but it basically sounded like they were using the ad to stump for current legislation in regards to taxes on small breweries.

http://www.brewersassociation.org/government-affairs/excise-taxes/small-brew-act-vs-beer-act/

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2015, 07:59:39 am »
One thing that bugs me is that some bud drinkers are "buy American" types and see bud as the all-American beer because it markets itself well t5hat way. If only they knew that their money is going to a European company and if they bought local craft beer it truly would be buying American.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Bloatarian Brewing League - Cincinnati, OH
    • Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 03:32:05 am »
One thing that bugs me is that some bud drinkers are "buy American" types and see bud as the all-American beer because it markets itself well t5hat way. If only they knew that their money is going to a European company and if they bought local craft beer it truly would be buying American.
There are over 600 Americans in Columbus, OH that would disagree with this statement, and more in at least 11 more locations across the US. 

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 06:11:24 am »
There are over 600 Americans in Columbus, OH that would disagree with this statement, and more in at least 11 more locations across the US.
Craft breweries create way more jobs here than the big companies.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2015, 06:22:58 am »
That doesn't mean anything to John Doe who already works for Bud.  I'm simply arguing that it is in fact American made and does in fact benefit Americans who work there.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2015, 09:32:13 am »
That doesn't mean anything to John Doe who already works for Bud.  I'm simply arguing that it is in fact American made and does in fact benefit Americans who work there.
I don't disagree and totally see your point. I just find the irony interesting that the iconic American beer is no longer owned by an American company. Its just how things are now. Toyotas are made in the U.S., Fords are made with foreign parts. Nothing is inherently wrong with any of this.
Its just that Bud markets itself as a patriotic thing while portraying the craft beer that might be made in your city with a lot of local ingredients as something foreign, at least in spirit.

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2015, 09:33:25 am »
I don't disagree and totally see your point. I just find the irony interesting that the iconic American beer is no longer owned by an American company. Its just how things are now. Toyotas are made in the U.S., Fords are made with foreign parts. Nothing is inherently wrong with any of this.
Its just that Bud markets itself as a patriotic thing while portraying the craft beer that might be made in your city with a lot of local ingredients as something foreign, at least in spirit.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2015, 09:40:25 am »

+1
Jon H.

Offline pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2015, 09:57:33 am »

I hope emoji 106 is a good one! :)

Offline JT

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2015, 09:59:06 am »

I hope emoji 106 is a good one! :)
On my phone it shows a thumbs up!