Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tig welding  (Read 6174 times)

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Tig welding
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 09:13:58 pm »
Wow I just looked back on when I started a few months ago my god they were awful,  on a side note I welded some stainless today and it was exciting might be changing my stand design from mild steel to stainless we shall see

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2015, 05:17:27 pm »
Welded a "small" job today second time welding with 535 filler,  did a non filler root pass on both sides then welded with filler after the parts were nice and hot
The small job

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 07:18:24 pm »
Stainless job

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 09:27:45 am »
Man!!  you're getting very good at that.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
Tig welding
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 10:15:22 am »
Thanks, I have definitely come along way since a few months ago,  I feel i learn something every time I sit down behind the hood with the torch

Some more dimes stacked yeasterday

Tried actually walking the cup but need a lot more practice on that one lol
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:23:26 pm by hophead636 »

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2015, 09:56:33 pm »
Wow haven't updated this in a while let's see started practicing purge welding to sanitary weld my keggles,  and my dimes have gotten way better lol

Sanitary practice

Back purge welding

Some stacks of dimes

And one last side by side from the first job I was thrown into might even be the first pics I posted on this thread to a few weeks ago and how far I have came

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2015, 12:33:48 pm »
Way to go!

Offline Suzann T. Lyons

• 1st Kit
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2019, 04:50:39 am »
Well the boss at work is finally teaching me tig,  I had a small touch of it in a welding class about 6 or 7 years ago but nothing after that.  I'm excited can't wait to get good and beable to sanitary weld some of my brew gear.  Think I might run something by my boss since we have a crap ton of tubing for scrap if he would mind if I made a project out of learning and put together my single tier brew stand once I feel alil more comfortable.  I'll keep updating this thread with progress pics of my welds,  so with out further adieu pics of me chicken scratch for first time on a tig torch in a long time lol

Thanks for creating such a wonderful discussion. It was really helpful. The images you shared were very nice. I need some advice regarding buying a welder. I am a beginner and need some suggestions as the internet is making me confused. Some questions are bothering me like MIG or TIG? Which one should I buy? Gas or gasless?

Offline Suzann T. Lyons

• 1st Kit
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2019, 10:16:42 pm »
Being more specific I would like to know that which one should I buy from Super Deal 130 and Goplus MIG 130 Welder as mentioned on https://topreviewedten.com/best-mig-welder/.