Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Santa Fe NM  (Read 1558 times)

Offline mchrispen

• Brewmaster
    • Accidentalis Brewing Blog
Santa Fe NM
« on: February 14, 2015, 06:43:14 am »
Heading out to Santa Fe this weekend. Long drive. Coming up from Austin through Lubbock and then across NM.

Looking for any good recommendations for pubs in SF? A google search shows 3-4 there, wondering if anyone with experience has any opinions?

Cheers, Matt
Matt Chrispen
Sometime Austin Zealot
Blogging from the garage @ accidentalis.com
>> Bru'n Water Spreadsheet Walkthroughs<<
>> Bru'n Water Subscriber Version 5.3 Spreadsheet Walkthrough <<

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Santa Fe NM
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 07:01:57 am »
I used to like the Marble brewing tap room overlooking the square, but it has moved, but still worth a try.

Il Vicino has good pizza and pretty good beer.

Blue Corn had some good Southwest dishes, but the beer was dissapointing.

2nd Street brewpub was fine.

Beer from Santa Fe brewing is all over, but we have not been to the brewery as it is a little far to get to by foot from where we have stayed.

As far as places to eat, we were disappointed with Cowgirl's BBQ, but they seem to have a good list of beer now. Pasquale's for breakfast or lunch is a must. The Shed has the classic Southwest dishes.

If you can find Le Cumbra beers on tap, have it!

Hope this helps.

Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline jeff67

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 08:02:11 am »
Blue Corn has a new head brewer (he's been there for a year or so) and the beers are now very good.  Duel Brewing is a cool little place brewing Belgian beers.  It's off the beaten path but worth the trip.  Marble and La Cumbre are both Albuquerque breweries that distribute in Santa Fe so you should be able to find them on tap along with a selection from Santa Fe Brewing.  If you're a hop head you need to try La Cumbre Elevated IPA, Marble IPA, and Santa Fe Brewing's Happy Camper IPA.  All are sold in cans at the local supermarkets.  And be sure to get some red and green chile while you are up here!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:06:52 am by jeff67 »

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 08:08:53 am »
Blue Corn has a new head brewer (he's been there for a year or so) and the beers now are very good.  Duel Brewing is a cool little place brewing Belgian beers.  Marble and La Cumbre are both Albuquerque breweries that distribute in Santa Fe so you should be able to find them on tap along with a selection from Santa Fe Brewing.  If you're a hop head you need to try La Cumbre Elevated IPA, Marble IPA, and Santa Fe Brewing's Happy Camper IPA.  All are sold in cans at the local supermarkets.  And be sure to get some red and green chile while you are up here!

Last time that I was in Santa Fe was a little over 2 years ago, so good news on the brewer at Blue Corn.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline mchrispen

• Brewmaster
    • Accidentalis Brewing Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 02:34:16 pm »
Thanks for the reviews...

I do plan to make a haul back to Bastrop - got me boxes all ready!

Cheers, Matt
Matt Chrispen
Sometime Austin Zealot
Blogging from the garage @ accidentalis.com
>> Bru'n Water Spreadsheet Walkthroughs<<
>> Bru'n Water Subscriber Version 5.3 Spreadsheet Walkthrough <<