Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Honolulu  (Read 1437 times)

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
Honolulu
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:36:02 pm »
Going to Honolulu for work next week ( Feb 1 to 7) Anyone have recommendations for breweries or bars there?
- Charles

Offline jweiss206

• Assistant Brewer
Re: Honolulu
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:49:23 pm »
There's a surprising lack of breweries on Oahu. There's a Gordon Biersch in Honolulu proper, not terribly exciting I know. The best I've been to is the Kona Brewpub in the Koko Marina very near Hanauma Bay. They have many draft only selections in addition to the usual Longboard Lager, Castaway IPA, Pipeline Porter etc. I haven't found a good beer bar on the Island yet, but many places like Dukes, or Roy's etc. often have Maui Brewing or Hawai'i Nui beers on tap that are harder to find on the mainland. Enjoy your trip.

http://konabrewingco.com/blog/pubs/koko-marina-pub/

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:10:44 pm »
Thanks.  That's about what I thought.
- Charles

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 05:49:32 pm »
Luckily you're not going to Kauai...well there is a good amount of Maui Brewing Co. and the flagship Deschutes stuff in most conv. stores. Enjoy!

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:01 pm »
Ya.  I'm not too worried about finding a tasty beverage on the island.  Plus I have a pretty tight work schedule.  Teaching a marine safety and survival course for the week.
- Charles

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 10:17:48 am »
Bring lots of money.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 05:26:36 pm »
Honolulu beer works was awesome.  Very solid beers.  They've been open about a year. Also waikiki brewing co. Was brewing their first batch while I was there.  Should be open by next month when I have to go back for another work trip.
- Charles

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 07:51:22 pm »
There's a Yard House in Waikiki with the usual wide selection, and plenty of good catch of the day. Look for the Udon noodle joint on Prince Kuhio (sp?) and don't let the line out the door scare you away.

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 11:14:21 pm »
Hit up nico's at Pier 38 for poke. Plus there's a sushi/poke bar at the office cafeteria.
- Charles