Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Wedding beer names  (Read 7244 times)

Offline fmader

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Wedding beer names
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 04:30:19 pm »
We planned on typing up and printing a few beer menus for people to look over before they got to the bar. With my group, I'm betting the saison and ipa go first, followed by the kolsch. Stout and scottish are a bit of a wildcard.

My wife and I thought about a stout... especially since that's her favorite, but the wedding was outside and we just decided that it just wouldn't be refreshing. She drank wine, so all was right in the world lol.
Frank

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 04:32:19 pm »
Got it all brewed yet, Steve ?  Sounds like a ton of work.
Brewed four 10 gallon batches on Sunday, 5 of each is for the wedding and the rest is for the guys that brewed them. The buddy brewing the Kolsch was unable to join us and is brewing it in the next few weeks. It was a long day, but it was fun.

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 04:38:03 pm »
Got it all brewed yet, Steve ?  Sounds like a ton of work.
Brewed four 10 gallon batches on Sunday, 5 of each is for the wedding and the rest is for the guys that brewed them. The buddy brewing the Kolsch was unable to join us and is brewing it in the next few weeks. It was a long day, but it was fun.

Sounds like a pretty good deal for everybody.
Jon H.

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 05:01:33 pm »
From the proof of our food and beer menu, ours were as follows:

Except that the 10pm saison tapping was changed from the peach/ginger thing to a beer called "Dupont". It was just the base beer from all the other saisons since the peach/ginger thing tasted weird in bench trials. The drunk people never noticed.

We didn't feel the need to make corny names. If they related to the wedding, great. If not, we didn't care.

PS - one of our groomsmen did actually wear a kilt.

Dunkel Do Balls is great! I will be using that. Nice looking menu.

My wedding beers were called "Karen the Red" and "Kyle the Blonde". I spent a loooong time trying to get the red ale to match my wife's hair. I also made a mead. Nothing fancy.
Kyle M.

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 07:53:33 am »
Nelson Nullification?
Phoenix, AZ