Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: LOGOS AND LABELS  (Read 3678 times)

Offline aintaps

• 1st Kit
LOGOS AND LABELS
« on: May 09, 2010, 10:16:20 am »
Can anyone help me design a logo and a label?  Where do I go for printing after the design is completed?
Life is good, Enjoy TAPS,
Arnie
A in TAPS
“The beer that made that makes you smile”

Offline brew-witch

• Cellarman
Re: LOGOS AND LABELS
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 05:56:30 am »
You can check your local homebrew shop (or online) for blank bottle labels that you can print yourself from your home printer.  You might also check out this site http://www.uprinting.com/print/Roll-Labels.html or others like it.
If you can't handle an hour of leisure time, then eternity is going to be a problem.

Offline mroakley

• Cellarman
    • The Grain Trust
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:49:45 am »
I do labels once a year for my holiday ale.  I have them printed out at Kinko's on a color laser printer on to a 8.5" x 11" self adhesive label sheet.  I then cut them out and affix them.  Don't know if they come off easily (in order to reuse the bottle).

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:18:43 am »
I use this company's labels (Disclaimer: no affiliation or anything like that).  You order the labels and then use their software to create a pdf file that you print out on the label.  This is the site that lists their "Beer Labels":

http://www.onlinelabels.com/beer-bottle-labels.htm?search=Beer%20Label&st=s

I like to use the first one, because I think that the neck labels are pretty schnazzy.  I guess the best value for the money is the half wrap with no neck label.  I don't really bottle a lot because I keg, so any bottling is with a counter pressure filler either for comps or gifts.  The gifts get a label......  Anyway, here is the format that I use:

Here's an example of the label I did for a Barleywine a few years back.....Took BOS at Vail Big Beers, but that obviously had nothing to do with the label.   ;D  It's inspired by the part of Caddyshack where Bill Murray is talking about caddying for the Dali Llama.......Which is nice.  You can get an idea of what is included in the label if you look at the format above.  This would be only 1 of 4 labels.

Offline richardt

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:47:56 am »
There are some really cool labels out there being made by some really talented people -- unfortunately, I don't have any graphic arts experience or fancy software.  Yet, I enjoy the creative process of creating a label that reflects the effort I putting into making my own beer.  Besides, you need some way of figuring out which bottle contains what after you've made a few batches!

I just make my own labels using Powerpoint.  I search the web for some humorous or appropriate picture or icon that is related in some way to the beer style I produced.  I then copy and paste it into the Powerpoint sheet.  I use the text boxes to insert any text on or around the picture.

I recommend fitting 4, 6, or even 8 labels on one 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper.  From personal experience putting on and taking off the labels, I advise keeping the labels small.  My current preference is 8 labels per sheet of paper. 

If you get the proportions right, it makes it easy to print and cut (saves time, ink, and paper, too).  I use one of those edge cutters rather than scissors.  I use either rubber cement or glue sticks (they're often really cheap during or right after the back to school sales when they're in the clearance bins).  The labels and the glue comes off really easy with a soak in hot water.

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:58:20 am »
+1
check out my website, both the wedding and my recipies to see some powerpoint based labels that are attaced with a glue stick.
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline bigfatjoey

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 01:32:30 pm »
Kinkos to Print
And a glue stick to apply

Works great and comes off easy!
Ol' Edge Brew  -  Brewed and Enjoyed with Friends