Author Topic: Brewer Bio: Jordan Lindsey  (Read 983 times)

Offline Jtexans4

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
Brewer Bio: Jordan Lindsey
« on: February 23, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »

Jordan Lindsey
Strongsville, Ohio
22 years old

Do you have a homebrewing disaster you'd like to share? Not really any disasters. I make mistakes here and there but that is the beauty of home brew. Regardless if I miss a step, I am always proud of my end product.

What is your favorite style(s) to brew? I love every style, but experimenting with different ingredients is very fun.

What was the first beer you ever brewed?  How did it turn out? It was a Mr. Beer kit. It was beer and I was happy! Looking back, it is what got me started brewing so I am thankful to have come across that kit.

Have you ever had a homebrew mistake that turned out great? Hmm, well I just had an Irish Red finish at 1.000.. but it tastes nice and malty, so we will see how it turns out after conditioning for a few weeks.

Do you have a favorite homebrew trick or gadget that you've found to make your beer better/brewing easier, etc? Nope. RDWHAHB.

Describe your brew system. 10 gallon igloo cooler converted to a mash tun with a bazooka screen. I do a split boil on my gas stove top between 2 5 gallon stainless steel pots.

How frequently do you brew (times/month or /year)? Twice a month usually.

What is your favorite malt?  Maris Otter

What is your favorite hop? Mosaic

If you could serve your homebrew to someone famous, who would it be and what would you give her/him? Ahh I would definitely love to share some brews with James Watt and Martin Dickie, just because.

Do you have any pets or kids named after beer styles or ingredients? I really want a cat named Fuggles.

How many medals have you won from homebrew competitions? I have only entered two competitions. My first beer I ever entered was last year and it was a Pumpkin cream ale which scored a 33 and received no medal. My second competition (just a few days ago) I entered a blueberry oatmeal stout, and it received a bronze medal.

Do you brew alone, with friends or with someone you live with? Normally alone, but my girlfriend watches and is really supportive of my passion for brewing.

Are you an indoor or outdoor brewer? Indoor.

List some of the names you've given your beers. Which is your favorite? I'm not the best at coming up with names, but one beer I created is very special to me. It is my "Night of the Twister Raspberry Wheat". A little story on it... a few years back I lived in a smaller town, Bellevue Ohio. My street I lived on got hit the worst with an awful tornado that destroyed our whole town.
Here is a picture of my road right afterwards:

The cleanup activity really brought the whole town together, and it was extremely hot outside and nobody had power so we had no air conditioning. We literally had nothing to do except wait for the power lines to be fixed, so every night of the summer we had fires and cookouts in our driveways, and drank a lot of beer and overall had a great time making the best of an awful situation. One year after the tornado, the community had a huge party that same day in memory of the past year. I brewed this beer for that event.

Some other random pictures:

Nice to finally be a member here!

Offline HoosierBrew

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
Re: Brewer Bio: Jordan Lindsey
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 03:11:05 PM »
Welcome, Jordan ! 
Jon H.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 03:16:06 PM »
Welcome.

Consider adding a length of tubing to your mashtun valve. It will create downward force on the liquid allowing it to run easier as the level in the tun drops.

Offline Jtexans4

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 04:50:01 PM »
Welcome.

Consider adding a length of tubing to your mashtun valve. It will create downward force on the liquid allowing it to run easier as the level in the tun drops.

Thanks for the tip! I originally had a piece but I bought the wrong size, and i just kept it as a blowoff tube. Just been kinda lazy to go back and get the right size.

Offline Alewyfe

• Brewer
  • Fighting for Truth, Justice & Home Brew
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 05:47:06 PM »
Welcome to the forum Jordan.
Diane
Roseburg, Oregon
Member: Umpqua Valley Brewers Guild
             Cascade Brewers Society
             AHA

"Have no fear of perfection...you'll never reach it" ~Salvador Dali

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional!"

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • View Profile
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 07:59:20 PM »
welcome indeed. tornadoes are scary!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:24:08 PM by morticaixavier »
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 08:12:54 PM »
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride
Frank L.
Fermenting:
Conditioning:
In keg:
In Bottles:  
In the works: Hopefully brewing 10 gallons of Pilsner tomorrow for a family reunion in July, then back to IPA and  a barleywine to age

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »
welcome indeed. tornatoes are scary!

I thought you wrote tomatoes and had to go back and reread the posts to figure that out.  Remember that movie, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"?   I don't think that's what he was talking about.

Welcome!
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • View Profile
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 10:24:47 PM »
welcome indeed. tornatoes are scary!

I thought you wrote tomatoes and had to go back and reread the posts to figure that out.  Remember that movie, "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"?   I don't think that's what he was talking about.

Welcome!

Ha! not quite tomatoes but my proofreading is obviously off.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce