Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: AHA offers not honored  (Read 3690 times)

Offline hophead636

• Assistant Brewer
Re: AHA offers not honored
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 02:52:59 pm »

Next time I go to tröegs im going to see if they honor the free tasting tour but this time of year is tuff for us to get down to Hershey one of these days lol,  that's a bummer they woln't honor it wonder if it was a change of ownership and the old owner honored it and the new owner has no clue about it

Troegs (I really had to fight auto correct to get that name typed...) is awesome! I've made the trek from Philly a couple times. I didn't realize they offered an AHA perk, I'll have to test that out as well. And enjoy a giant grilled cheese while I'm there.

Yea you have to call ahead but it's a free tasting tour which if I remember correctly the tour as a plane Jane is 10 bucks,  and there hop fries are what we get everytime were there and the pretzel of spent grain

Offline butter08

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 07:18:41 pm »
I really appreciate your offer and will take you up on it in due time. I have contacted the business three times thru email and have not had a response. I intend to go to the business and talk to someone in person before moving forward.

Has anyone else had the blowoff when trying to use an AHA perk? I have a local joint that won't honor their offer and didn't know if anyone else had a similar situation.

Hi Butter,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with an AHA Member Deal. It's rare for a business to discontinue participation in the program. Due to employee turnover, or participating locations that may not get a lot of AHA member traffic, there can be a lack of communication regarding participation over time resulting in errors like this.

Fortunately, when AHA members alert us of these kinds of occurrences it can be fixed with a quick phone call or email to the owner or original contact that established the offer.

Please reach out to me directly (steve@brewersassociation.org) to get this taken care of.

Furthermore, I welcome any and all AHA members to contact me with potential businesses in their area that they would like to see involved in the program. It always helps to hear from the AHA members where they would like to see offers coming from, and growing the program's list of more than 1,000 businesses is an ongoing effort of AHA staff.

Cheers,

Steve

Offline butter08

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 04:16:48 pm »
Steve, I just sent you an email. Red Brick Station in White Marsh Maryland has still refused to honor their offer. It might be time to take them off of the list of AHA perks.

Offline mbarnaby

• Cellarman
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 03:15:31 pm »
I had an issue with an establishment.  I travel a lot and use the program to find some good deals, most recently the server had no clue, the manager sort of knew but in the end the discount that was given was not what was advertised on the website.  I think it is more unfortunate then anything. 

Offline stevep

• Cellarman
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 09:11:33 am »
Steve, I just sent you an email. Red Brick Station in White Marsh Maryland has still refused to honor their offer. It might be time to take them off of the list of AHA perks.

Just sent you an email. The brewery has confirmed their participation in the program and plan on reaching out to you directly. It sounds like there was a miscommunication. Thank you for giving us the heads up so we could reach out to them and get this corrected.
Steve Parr
Assistant Director
American Homebrewers Association

Offline stevep

• Cellarman
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 09:16:35 am »
I had an issue with an establishment.  I travel a lot and use the program to find some good deals, most recently the server had no clue, the manager sort of knew but in the end the discount that was given was not what was advertised on the website.  I think it is more unfortunate then anything.

Hi mbarnaby. If you email me with some more information, I would be happy to reach out and contact the brewery staff to get this corrected. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience with the program.

-Steve
Steve Parr
Assistant Director
American Homebrewers Association

Offline greymith

• 1st Kit
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 04:59:32 pm »
Its true some states don't allow it but you would think if an establishment is on a list of those who do that wouldn't be the case.
As far as I know these offers are never huge savings, so no big deal, but things like this can tell you a lot about how a place is run. If they do indeed have an offer and a server doesn't know, or doesn't know to double check if unaware, the proprietor isn't doing a good job at that and almost certainly many other things.

The times I have run into this is when a Chain is on the list, such as Rock Bottom Brewery, which is in multiple states. I have been in several in different states, and each one covers something different or not all depending on the state rules.