Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Should we start a new discussion area for sours?  (Read 2464 times)

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
Re: Should we start a new discussion area for sours?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 09:58:28 am »
Yes I find this subject of some interest. Especially on a sour Braggot. Anyone got any experience with these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't used braggot level of honey in a sour, but I've gone up to 20% of the fermentables. I am a fan of what the Brett and bugs do to the honey. Adds some interesting notes. I did just blend a braggot with a sour in the keg, and am looking forward to that. I have used Brett in a braggot, but I don't think I let it age long enough.
Kyle M.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 10:18:02 am »
Guys, I really don't think this is gonna happen.  If we do that, why not an area for IPA?  Brown ale?  If some of you want a separate area, give me reasons I can take to the other mods.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 10:22:28 am »
Guys, I really don't think this is gonna happen.  If we do that, why not an area for IPA?  Brown ale?  If some of you want a separate area, give me reasons I can take to the other mods.

That's exactly why there doesn't need to be a separate section for sours. This forum doesn't move so quickly that further atomization is necessary. A thread can stay on the first page of any of the existing sections for weeks or longer.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline ckr1158

• 1st Kit
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 01:22:19 pm »
Hey I'm new to this thing so where does one post at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 02:06:17 pm »
On Tapatalk select the "Homebrewers Association" drop down menu at the top center.  Go into a particular forum then select the menu button in the upper right of the screen.  Select "New Topic."
Brian
mobrewer

Offline santoch

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Riverview, FL
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 09:16:31 pm »
Or, what about a competition/judging area?  We get a lot of questions on that kind of stuff.
I'd be happy to keep my eye on that for you guys if you want the help.

Steve

Looking for a club near my new house
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge