Author Topic: Should we start a new discussion area for sours?  (Read 1815 times)

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
Re: Should we start a new discussion area for sours?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 09:58:28 am »
Yes I find this subject of some interest. Especially on a sour Braggot. Anyone got any experience with these?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't used braggot level of honey in a sour, but I've gone up to 20% of the fermentables. I am a fan of what the Brett and bugs do to the honey. Adds some interesting notes. I did just blend a braggot with a sour in the keg, and am looking forward to that. I have used Brett in a braggot, but I don't think I let it age long enough.
Kyle M.

Online denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 10:18:02 am »
Guys, I really don't think this is gonna happen.  If we do that, why not an area for IPA?  Brown ale?  If some of you want a separate area, give me reasons I can take to the other mods.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2015, 10:22:28 am »
Guys, I really don't think this is gonna happen.  If we do that, why not an area for IPA?  Brown ale?  If some of you want a separate area, give me reasons I can take to the other mods.

That's exactly why there doesn't need to be a separate section for sours. This forum doesn't move so quickly that further atomization is necessary. A thread can stay on the first page of any of the existing sections for weeks or longer.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline ckr1158

• 1st Kit
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2015, 01:22:19 pm »
Hey I'm new to this thing so where does one post at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2015, 02:06:17 pm »
On Tapatalk select the "Homebrewers Association" drop down menu at the top center.  Go into a particular forum then select the menu button in the upper right of the screen.  Select "New Topic."
Brian
mobrewer

Offline santoch

• Brewmaster
  • North Bend, WA
    • WAHA
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2015, 09:16:31 pm »
Or, what about a competition/judging area?  We get a lot of questions on that kind of stuff.
I'd be happy to keep my eye on that for you guys if you want the help.

Steve

Mt. Si Brewing Society
Washington Homebrewer's Association (WAHA)
BJCP GM3/Mead Judge