Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2011 NHC  (Read 9620 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
2011 NHC
« on: May 13, 2010, 10:57:03 am »
Anyone know where the conference will be NEXT year.  (I have to plan way ahead of time)

Offline rupert

• 1st Kit
Re: 2011 NHC
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:03:29 am »
I think they will announce the location at the 2010 NHC.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:17:50 am »
San Diego has been floating around as a rumor, but the official word won't come until Saturday night at this year's NHC.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 11:21:45 am »
San Diego has been floating around as a rumor, but the official word won't come until Saturday night at this year's NHC.

I hope that becomes reality. I love San Diego. Great weather.
Ron Price

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 11:32:02 am »
I'd like to see some East coast love, but a trip to San Diego in June would be cool too.
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:24:14 pm »
I'd like to see some East coast love, but a trip to San Diego in June would be cool too.

I heard that...the East Coast would be just fine with me.
Ron Price

Offline Kaiser

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Imperial Brewing Geek
    • braukaiser.com
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 12:47:05 pm »

It had been in that area last year. Are there no east cost places that would be willing to host?

Kai

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 12:53:22 pm »
us folks in Washington are gonna try and get one over the next few years in Seattle.  We got our laws changed last year to make it legal !!!  (transporting and such)

What do you guys think of Seattle?  Lot's of great places for the BNA pub crawl.

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 01:29:32 pm »
Seattle would be great but I would need to take at least 2 weeks off to explore all that the PNW has to offer.  Oh and another week after that to recover...I just don't have that kind of vacation time. :)
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo

Offline dbeechum

• Global Moderator
  • I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Pasadena, CA
    • Experimental Brewing
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 01:38:06 pm »
Oh boy, there's a lot of planning going on. We're trying to keep ahead of the game because it's been demonstrated that when we have a lot of time and a team that's on the stick, the conference is a madhouse, a very smoothly running madhouse.

And there's the rub, the AHA depends upon us to be that team that provides the backbone of the conference. All of those events? Planned by someone local.

For the conference to come to your area, what the organization needs is at least one crazy person to raise their hand, start exploring possibilities, demonstrate local availability of volunteers and work with Gary to find appropriate hotels that won't kill us on cost, are right sized for the attendance and have intriguing possibilities nearby. (By the way, your local tourist board or city convention committee can give you a leg up on this.)

So, if you're wanting to see the conference swing to your area, contact the G-man (gary@brewersassociation.org) for the planning document and go to it.  In other words, yup, the conference will appear where we have teams that can put together the right package.
Drew Beechum - Maltosefalcons.com
- Vote in the AHA GC Election! - http://bit.ly/1aV9GVd  -
-----
Burbling:
Gnome is in the Details
*Experimental Brewing - The Book*
Tap:
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
Tupelo Mead
Farmhouse Brett Saison

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 01:53:15 pm »
Oh boy, there's a lot of planning going on. We're trying to keep ahead of the game because it's been demonstrated that when we have a lot of time and a team that's on the stick, the conference is a madhouse, a very smoothly running madhouse.

And there's the rub, the AHA depends upon us to be that team that provides the backbone of the conference. All of those events? Planned by someone local.

For the conference to come to your area, what the organization needs is at least one crazy person to raise their hand, start exploring possibilities, demonstrate local availability of volunteers and work with Gary to find appropriate hotels that won't kill us on cost, are right sized for the attendance and have intriguing possibilities nearby. (By the way, your local tourist board or city convention committee can give you a leg up on this.)

So, if you're wanting to see the conference swing to your area, contact the G-man (gary@brewersassociation.org) for the planning document and go to it.  In other words, yup, the conference will appear where we have teams that can put together the right package.

Think cheesesteaks, pretzels, the Liberty Bell and Beer!

Where's the G-MAN when one needs him?
Ron Price

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 02:05:24 pm »
I'd like to see either Nashville, TN or Asheville, NC sometime soon. But I am not crazy enough to raise my hand.

Offline bo_gator

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 06:02:47 pm »
I'd like to see either Nashville, TN or Asheville, NC sometime soon. But I am not crazy enough to raise my hand.
There has been some discussion about it by some in the Asheville home brew club, but we do not have anywhere near the number of hotel rooms that are needed. I was hitting up the Charlotte club, but did not get any bites  :'(
All views expressed in the above post are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of any other member of the AHA, BJCP, or home brew community at large.   

Home Brew’s curmudgeon at large

Offline Crispy275

• Global Moderator
  • Assistant Brewer
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 07:10:39 pm »
Drew is spot on - we need a commited local group of homebrewers that can help support the effort.

Gary (and pretty much all of the AHA GC) has a decent document put together over the years that outlines what it takes to pull one of these off. It's about 30 pages, and gives a core team some excellent guidance as what it takes. We should probably put this up on the website - brilliant! Hell, it may already be there - better check  ;)

Chris P. Frey, aka "Crispy"
Mountain Ale & Lager Tasters MALT)
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild (AABG)
Fermental Order of Renaissance Draughtsmen (FORD)

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 06:57:21 am »

Think cheesesteaks, pretzels, the Liberty Bell and Beer!

Where's the G-MAN when one needs him?

Several clubs are working to bring the NHC to Philly in 2012 or 2013.
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National