Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Newport Hofbrauhaus  (Read 3770 times)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Re: Newport Hofbrauhaus
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 07:29:24 am »
Exactlu, but it is responsible service. At least that's the argument they can make if there is ever an issue

you can cut someone off regardless of the serving size. we're not talking about 1/2 gallon + servings!

serve me 1/2 liters all night and I roll out and cause a problem, could be trouble for the establishment anyway (silly and sad, but true....accountability should be on the individual)
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 07:30:50 am »
I agree, unfortunately, the legal system and the general public hold the establishment at fault. Mainly because in most cases, that is where the money is
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 07:59:49 am »

Exactlu, but it is responsible service. At least that's the argument they can make if there is ever an issue

And what is stopping me that my DD will buy my couple more without server seeing that I am drunk?
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline 69franx

• Bloatarian Brewing League
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 08:08:51 am »
Establishment can't control everyone, these are just their attempts at CYA. In a legal sense, they look better for making the effort, and then can attempt to shift the blame to the patron (where it belongs anyways) it all comes down to the efforts of MADD trying to hold bars responsible for alcohol related deaths, thus making personal liability less important because suing individuals does not generally generate as large of a payday compared to suing say a large national restaurant chain with millions of dollars in revenue. The individual is still responsible criminally, but the lawyers go after the business in civil courts for big payouts
Frank L.
Fermenting: Nothing (ugh!)
Conditioning: Nothing (UGH!)
In keg: Nothing (Double UGH!)
In the works:  House IPA, Dark Mild, Ballantine Ale clone(still trying to work this one into the schedule)