Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: New toy  (Read 2251 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
New toy
« on: March 07, 2015, 03:14:59 am »
Well new to me anyway. Looking forward to adventures. I need to start bottling more now I guess

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: New toy
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 05:50:01 am »
Very nice.
Jon H.

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 07:17:54 am »
Sweet. Brewery lab on wheels!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline Frankenbrew

• Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 07:30:45 am »
Nice! Perhaps a couple of taps out the side?
Frank C.

And thereof comes the proverb: 'Blessing of your
heart, you brew good ale.'

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 07:11:25 pm »
I saw something (maybe on the old Brewhaha?) where somebody had converted their RV faucet to dispense beer. 

Check out this link - looks pretty sweet. 

Online pete b

• Barre, Ma
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 10:25:27 pm »
You can drive it somewhere where you have a view of a nice mountain.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 04:28:12 am »
Good idea!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2015, 08:10:34 am »
nice. it's kinda fun to be able to drive somewhere amazing and still be at home.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline pinnah

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Wesloper, CO
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 03:47:57 pm »
Wow.  Sweet rig.

Where are you going to fit the bike? Around here they flip the springs to make them off road capable and then tie on a wheeler trailer on the back that you can't even see in the rear view until it flies off into the borrow ditch.

That dog looks like a riot.  I want one.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 01:51:31 pm »
nice. it's kinda fun to be able to drive somewhere amazing and still be at home.
Yup, we miss our dogs when we do hotel trips. I'm turning into a sap in my old age

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 01:52:47 pm »
we almost bought something similar about a year ago.  Then we realized that my wife never has time to go anywhere anyway!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 02:02:06 pm »
Wow.  Sweet rig.

Where are you going to fit the bike? Around here they flip the springs to make them off road capable and then tie on a wheeler trailer on the back that you can't even see in the rear view until it flies off into the borrow ditch.

That dog looks like a riot.  I want one.
Well, the plan is to buy a loader and carry the bike in the truck. But they are $2k so I have time to think about that. I keep picturing coming back to the trailer and finding a note that my dogs are in jail for barking... or a grizzly has tore a hole in the wall to get to them.
This is the loader...

The dog in the photo is Doober. He's a rescued pure bread doxy with a color they call pie-bald. Our other dog is Squirrel,  a rescued chihuahua-Russell mix.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 02:07:48 pm »
we almost bought something similar about a year ago.  Then we realized that my wife never has time to go anywhere anyway!
We only have limited time too. We both work shift work with rotating days off, so... good luck, right? But we're going to make the best of it. Terri's folks have been full time RVing for over 20 years now, bouncing between long term BLM in Arizona and summers in Montana and our place. That might be our future, in about 10 years LOL. I've spent my entire adult life on wheels of one kind or another. I honestly can't see retiring and staying in one place. We'll see I guess.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2015, 02:51:57 pm »
We only have limited time too. We both work shift work with rotating days off, so... good luck, right? But we're going to make the best of it. Terri's folks have been full time RVing for over 20 years now, bouncing between long term BLM in Arizona and summers in Montana and our place. That might be our future, in about 10 years LOL. I've spent my entire adult life on wheels of one kind or another. I honestly can't see retiring and staying in one place. We'll see I guess.

Another issue for us was that we don't have anything that would pull a trailer.  I did some research and discovered I can rent an RV for the amount of time we'd actually use it for a fraction if what payments on a nice trailer would be.  And we're pretty much settled here...never have any plans to leave.  I don't think my wife could ever give up her garden and soon-to-be chickens.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Stevie

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 03:00:43 pm »
RV rentals are nice, but the rental price doesn't normally include mileage and they charge $0.30-0.40 per mile. Couple that with low fuel economy, and the vacation can get expensive quick.