Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What was I thinking?  (Read 1142 times)

Offline dfettero

• 1st Kit
What was I thinking?
« on: March 07, 2015, 07:36:16 am »
 I recently read an all grain recipe and said that sounds tasty. I ordered the French Bouclier and Polish Lubelski hops. Now I can't find/remember the recipe or where I even read it. Any body got a clue what I was thinking?  >:(

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: What was I thinking?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 09:41:39 am »
I would guess you planned on making a grodziskie (aka gratzer), a smoked wheat beer. You don't see too much Polish hops used in American homebrewing recipes anymore except for grodziskie recipes. You probably picked up the French hops for bittering and the Polish hops for flavor and aroma additions.

If that's not why you bought them then I'd suggest forgetting whatever other beer you wanted to brew and just brew a grodziskie. You just need oak smoked wheat malt (available through Weyermann).
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
Re: What was I thinking?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 06:21:32 pm »
I can recommend the Gratzer/Grodziskie for sure.  I brewed one back in the fall and it was really great.  The smoke character was subtle but definitely a component.  The smoke did fade with time though, so plan to drink this one fresh.  A really nice beer with a unique character.  Go for it!