Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: National Homebrewers Conference Open Registration  (Read 2528 times)

S. cerevisiae

Re: National Homebrewers Conference Open Registration
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 04:19:40 pm »
Its available now.  I got an email with a link to get my reservation in.

I never received that e-mail, which is why I am drawing a blank.  What's up?

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2015, 04:21:36 pm »
I also remitted payment for my tickets quickly.  Someone at the AHA needs to look into this problem.

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2015, 05:12:25 pm »
The AHA mailing software has a fatal bug in that unsubscribing from receiving AHA spam also unsubscribes one from receiving notification about NHC hotels after remitting payment.  All of the good rooms in the Town and Country are booked.  I remitted payment on the 5th.  Someone should have noticed this impedance mismatch.

Offline Gary Glass

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 05:37:31 pm »
The AHA mailing software has a fatal bug in that unsubscribing from receiving AHA spam also unsubscribes one from receiving notification about NHC hotels after remitting payment.  All of the good rooms in the Town and Country are booked.  I remitted payment on the 5th.  Someone should have noticed this impedance mismatch.

If you unsubscribe from AHA/Brewers Association emails, our email service will prevent you from receiving any emails sent via the service--that's exactly how it is supposed to work.  Rather than unsubscribing you can "manage your subscription preferences" (at the bottom of all emails there are links to unsubscribe and manage your preferences) to limit the emails you receive.  To resubscribe, fill in your email address in the "Sign Up For Our Newsletter" field at the bottom right of any page on www.homebrewersassociation.org and hit submit.  You'll get an auto generated email response with a link that allows you to opt-out of specific emails.
Gary Glass
Longmont, Colorado

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 06:23:43 pm »
The problem is that it is not at all obvious to a member that unsubscribing from AHA spam also unsubscribes one from receiving NHC hotel notifications, especially when the registration itself is handled by a third party.   I would not have known that a notification went out had I not been a member of this forum.  Yet, I received notification that I was "in" as well as receiving my invoice from Altitude Tickets.  That's why I am referring to this problem as an impedance mismatch. 

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2015, 10:35:43 pm »
I usually get all the emails,  but I did not get the one about the hotel either.  Luckily my neighbor did so we got a room.
- Charles