Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hop Museum  (Read 1423 times)

Offline jaftak22

• Assistant Brewer
Hop Museum
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:32:41 pm »
So I am in the Army and the sent some of us on temporary assignment to Germany. I had posted a while back asking for advice on places to go. Everyone had recommended places to try beer and its just everywhere here. All of the local pils has been amazing but I cannot seem to drink enough of the Dunkelwiezen. It is just the best damn beer I have ever had, going to miss it. Not only is the beer good, but its really, really cheap. Like $2.25 for a .5 liter cheap

So when driving towards Munich we were deep in Hop country and we spotted a sign for a Hop museum. Holy crap this was the coolest thing that I had seen in a while. It cost about $5 to get in but if you really look it everything you could be in there for and hour and a half. I will post pictures once I can, but it was incredible. Once your done with the museum there is a little bakery across the street that sells their local Hefe

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Hop Museum
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 07:36:14 pm »
Awesome. Sounds really, really cool. Enjoy!
Jon H.

Offline cascadesrunner

• Assistant Brewer
  • San Diego, CA
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 09:11:38 pm »
Looking forward to those pics!
Run then beer.

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 09:40:25 pm »
When we were driving down the autobahn through the Halleratau years ago we got off and stop there just to find it was the Ruhetag - or rest day, so  they were closed. We found the same situation for the hop Museum in Toppenish WA when we stopped there.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!