I'm going way off the reservation this weekend. Using yeast I haven't brewed with in a long time. And making beers that are really out there for me.I decided my IPA might turn out too much like the APA so I revamped it a smidge.
APA with Centennial and Cascade and 1056
IPA with Centennial and Cascade and 1056
Old school is the new New School
8lbs GW pale
1lb cane sugar in boil
1 oz each at FWH - Cascade and Centennial
1 oz each in whirlpool at 190º for 30 min - Cascade, Centennial, Mosaic, Simcoe (will dry hop an ounce each too)
1056 pitch at HK 63º ramped to 68 when krausen falls
Sounds farther off the reservation to me
So this IPA has been in the keg for a couple weeks, maybe three. It tastes and smells great but is stubborn to drop clear. It looks like grapefruit juice with a head. So I pulled the keg and put it in my lagering chest. I put a pouch of Knox gelatin in a cup of 120° water and stirred, let sit for 30 min, then zapped it in the micro to a boil. It looked clear and fully dissolved. I released pressure and dumped it into the IPA. Closed the keg and hit it with 30 psi to quick seal. I'll let it sit a week and try it again.
I tried gelatin once before but I think I did it wrong. This will be an interesting test of how well it works, and if I did it right.