Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Thursday night?  (Read 6491 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: NHC Thursday night?
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2015, 08:31:58 am »
To me LA, NYC, or Chicago would be a nightmare

I wonder in places like NYC, LA and Chicago if you end up in the outskirts of town like the Seattle conference (held in Bellevue).

I would personally love to see Portland, ME but it may be difficult with coordinating something like that with the clubs in New England.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2015, 09:23:11 am »
From what I understand, the location will more than likely be on the East Coast.

That is not what I've heard.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2015, 09:50:22 am »
From what I understand, the location will more than likely be on the East Coast.

Well...what have you heard, Denny? Just sayin... You can't leave us hanging like that.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2015, 09:54:54 am »

Well...what have you heard, Denny? Just sayin... You can't leave us hanging like that.

Sorry, not at liberty to say.  As Jeff said, everybody will know in a few days when you register for NHC.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2015, 09:55:13 am »
Im going with darkside's hint. 2016 NHC will be in Tin Cup Ville

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2015, 10:10:59 am »

This is disinformation strategy ;).  Fred Bon Jour did the same thing to me when we shared a ride back to the airport in Seattle when I mentioned something about Grand Rapids.

Please post when you register at NHC for those unfortunate few who can't go and so I can start the countdown to NHC. 
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2015, 10:24:23 am »

This is disinformation strategy ;).  Fred Bon Jour did the same thing to me when we shared a ride back to the airport in Seattle when I mentioned something about Grand Rapids.

Please post when you register at NHC for those unfortunate few who can't go and so I can start the countdown to NHC.

Several of us will have be there & registered early on Wednesday (for BJCP stuffs). I'm sure one of us will remember to let you all know.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2015, 10:27:29 am »
I will post when I see any official announcement.

As for future locations, things like travel connections, hotel cost, a large enough venue, local beer scene, active clubs, and local laws pertaining to Homebrew at the conference all go into the mixer and eventually a site is selected by the AHA.

So Jim, I think NYC would be out on the cost issue. The NHC has been in LA and Chicago, but not recently, so cost and size might not be in their favor.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline dsmitch19

• Cellarman
    • ASH
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2015, 12:06:36 pm »
The Baltimore rumor might have started because some judges who registered to judge in the final round without final round entries are seeing the draft of the "final round letter" that will eventually go out to entrants. Here's a clip from the letter I see when I log in:

Cheers!
Dennis Mitchell
Grand Master Judge + Mead Judge
BJCP Communications Director
AHA Governing Committee

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »
The Baltimore rumor might have started because some judges who registered to judge in the final round without final round entries are seeing the draft of the "final round letter" that will eventually go out to entrants. Here's a clip from the letter I see when I log in:

[obligatory "I wasn't able to see this letter" humblebrag]   ;)

see ya soon Dennis!
--Michael

Offline dsmitch19

• Cellarman
    • ASH
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2015, 12:43:13 pm »

see ya soon Dennis!
--Michael

Yeah yeah yeah... Maybe I'll get to try some of your really low scoring ciders...  ;D
Cheers!
Dennis Mitchell
Grand Master Judge + Mead Judge
BJCP Communications Director
AHA Governing Committee

Offline toby

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Galvez, LA
    • Beer Judge Chronicles
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2015, 01:57:36 pm »

see ya soon Dennis!
--Michael

+1