Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer near Lakewood, CO  (Read 1383 times)

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
Beer near Lakewood, CO
« on: March 13, 2015, 04:48:16 pm »
I'm in the Denver area for two days and I'm staying in Lakewood.  Anyone have recommendations on a good craft brewery, brewpub or pub?
Brian
mobrewer

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
Re: Beer near Lakewood, CO
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 12:13:14 am »
I asked the groom after the rehearsal.  Apparently I'm staying in the foothills which means I'm near Red Rocks and not far from Tommy Knocker Brewery so I think I found my answer.
Brian
mobrewer

Offline bondra76

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 08:34:18 am »
Avery if you can get up to Boulder. If you go into downtown Denver there's a bunch - great divide and prost would be my top 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:55:35 am »
Tommyknocker is cool especially if you want to shoot up to the hills. One of the older breweries in CO I think.

I live in Lakewood very close to Red Rocks. There are no good craft breweries in Lakewood in my opinion. For some reason, the craft beer explosion is happening everywhere but here...

Since you are close, I would shoot up to Golden and hit Cannonball Creek. It is one of the best newer breweries around here and their black IPA one gold at last year's GABF. There are 3 other small breweries in Golden as well....or you could just go to Coors...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:59:59 am by goschman »
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:06:02 pm »
I suggest a journey to the wild side.....
Crooked Stave Taproom
3350 Brighton Blvd
Denver, CO. 80216
I am gonna visit here next trip to the big D
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 10:17:00 pm »
Well we only had a day to some sight seeing so we spent an hour at Red Rocks which was a 10 minute drive from where we were staying then went to Idaho Springs to Tommy Knocker Brewery. The Pilsner was fantastic.  Too bad they don't package it.  All of the beer was good although maple beer isn't my thing (yet it's basically the only one they distribute to KC).  The food was good too.  I had elk for the first time and it was delicious.  I wish I could have done more breweries but time was limited.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I will keep them in mind the next time I go to Denver.
Brian
mobrewer

Online reverseapachemaster

• Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:38:44 am »
I suggest a journey to the wild side.....
Crooked Stave Taproom
3350 Brighton Blvd
Denver, CO. 80216
I am gonna visit here next trip to the big D

The new location at The Source (the building Crooked Stave is in) is pretty cool. The whole building has some great stuff in it.

If you make it to The Source then you should pop over a couple blocks to River North. They make a really great double wit and they do some interesting barrel beers. They source cocktail barrels from somewhere locally and put beer in it. Unique stuff.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Online Iliff Ave

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 09:33:46 am »
Well we only had a day to some sight seeing so we spent an hour at Red Rocks which was a 10 minute drive from where we were staying then went to Idaho Springs to Tommy Knocker Brewery. The Pilsner was fantastic.  Too bad they don't package it.  All of the beer was good although maple beer isn't my thing (yet it's basically the only one they distribute to KC).  The food was good too.  I had elk for the first time and it was delicious.  I wish I could have done more breweries but time was limited.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I will keep them in mind the next time I go to Denver.

They used to bottle the alpine glacier pilsner I can't remember the last time I saw it. I like Tommyknocker for the most part but have noticed consistency issues with the Maple Nut Brown and IPA over the years. I have basically had some undrinkable beers... It makes me weary to buy their beer in six packs however I am a big fan of the Jack Whacker Wheat in the summer time.
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale

Offline 1vertical

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 11:33:58 pm »

The new location at The Source (the building Crooked Stave is in) is pretty cool. The whole building has some great stuff in it.

If you make it to The Source then you should pop over a couple blocks to River North. They make a really great double wit and they do some interesting barrel beers. They source cocktail barrels from somewhere locally and put beer in it. Unique stuff.

Thank you for the tip!  ::)

Offline 1vertical

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 04:37:18 pm »
reverseapachemaster

Thanks again for the tip!  Finally got down there again and went to RiNo Brewery.
Having the Farm House Saison as I type.
Good Beers Love the Belgian Flair.
The Rye Whiskey bbl J.Marie was interesting.  Had a big whiskey presence.
they made a mix n match 4 pack of cans for me to go....whats not to like?
 :)