Other than Brewing > The Pub

RIP Ronnie James Dio

(1/5) > >>

SwashBuckling Drunk:
This is weird.  For years, I've really liked the band Government Mule.  On Friday, my youngest brother told me that Gov't Mule sounds like a classic 70's band.  I hadn't really thought of them that way, but he was right.  I grew up in the seventies, so it makes sense that I'd like a 70's sounding band.

Here's where it gets weird- I was splitting firewood this weekend, listening to my MP3 player...........Gov't Mule comes on.  I thought of my brother's 70's thing and noticed that Gov't Mule sounds alot like Rainbow.  The more they played, the more they reminded me of Rainbow.  I haven't listened to, or thought about, Rainbow in forever.  Now, I wake up and find out that RJD has passed away- trippy.  RIP RJD.

majorvices:
I guess he's not the Last in Line no mo.  ;) I enjoyed his music in my youth. RIP.

bluesman:
I have to agree with Lars in that RJD projected such confidence and power. I was a huge RJD fan. He was a great influence on many in the rock world. He will be missed. RIP

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1639327/20100517/ronnie_james_dio.jhtml

bo_gator:
I was shocked by this news yesterday, a world with Dio is going to be an unpleasant and sad place

BrewArk:

--- Quote from: bo_gator on May 17, 2010, 10:14:49 AM ---I was shocked by this news yesterday, a world with Dio is going to be an unpleasant and sad place

--- End quote ---

Checking your grammar: did you mean "without"? or were you implying on where he is now? :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version