Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Modern work ethic  (Read 2090 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Modern work ethic
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2015, 07:51:42 pm »
There is always hope... ;)
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline mainebrewer

• Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 04:29:24 am »
It's good to see there are a few other guys on here that have seven day weekends like I do!
"It's not that people are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that just isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 05:32:31 am »
I hope that I am physically able to work up until the day I kick off the planet.

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 05:51:24 am »
I hope that I am physically able to work up until the day I kick off the planet.
Me too! Not actually working, just physically able too. And not because I die young. I'm hoping for a vigorous old age.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 06:26:02 am »
I will say that is all very well and my aspiration too... My decision to retire a bit early was because of what I've witnessed in healthcare during the last few years. I'm not going to wait to enjoy myself.

Now the old-old are coming in and it isn't pretty. And I mean super-geriatric- 90+ is very common but only one in  ten is anything close to what you might call vigorous for that age. And that is amazing in itself because most people in their 70's and early 80's are not doing well at all. Lots of dementia.

My uncle was actually very vigorous up into his early 80's until alzheimers got him. I'll admit he was tougher in his 70's than I was in my late 20's.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Steve Ruch

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2015, 03:49:11 pm »
I worked with a couple that would call in sick nearly every Monday after payday Friday. Management didn't see the pattern. Finally got canned when somebody ratted them out for clocking each other in and out.
I worked at a place back east that had to switch payday from Friday morning to the end of shift. The only bank in the small town was across the street from the only bar.
I love to go swimmin'
with hairy old women

Offline curtism1234

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 08:01:30 am »
I go to work everyday, sit here, and wonder what happened to me :P