Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Tipped over fermenter  (Read 1039 times)

Offline badgerben

• 1st Kit
Tipped over fermenter
« on: March 16, 2015, 07:56:37 am »
I currently have a few porter infusions going in growlers.  Sadly, I have nowhere safe from my one year old and he pulled the raspberry one over.  It couldn't have been for more than a minute or two as it looked like less than ounce of sanitizer on the floor.  Of course I'll still bottle it and cross my fingers, but has anyone else had something similar happen and experinced infection or come out of it totally fine?

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
Re: Tipped over fermenter
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 08:07:13 am »
It will probably be fine. Only one way to find out.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing

Offline Unconnected

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:14:54 am »
I agree.  It will be fine.  Even a little bit of Sanitizer in the beer will not hurt anything.  If you were getting close to bottling, I would suggest letting it sit for 24 hours or more.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:25:02 am »
I was cooling 12 gallons of wort outside with the lid partially open for the immersion chiller. Went inside for a something or other and came out to find to my dismay a big fat june-bug floating in my perfectly chilled wort. Turned out fine except I didn't like the perle hops. Tastes like dirt to me.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis