Author Topic: Our first commercial beer  (Read 861 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
Our first commercial beer
« on: March 20, 2015, 03:48:20 PM »
Still trying to figure out how to post a picture.  If this works, it's a picture of me and SWMBO next to the tap of our first commercial sale a few years back. 

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
Re: Our first commercial beer
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 03:49:08 PM »
Very cool.  (not so much the picture, but that it actually worked)

Online yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 04:16:00 PM »
Excellent!  I have got to get out there to try some of your beer.  It's just not on the way to anywhere.  I feel like you have mentioned this before, but what is your brew system like?  How is it going as a nano, commercially?
Steve
All Hands Brewing
BJCP #D1667

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 04:49:22 PM »
We have a 1bbl blichmann system.  Top tier and tower of power.  5, 42 gallon conicals. 

We have a great time.  And it certainly pays for itself.  But only because of some "strange" things.  Our brewery is an outbuilding on our residential property.  We are outside city limits, and the zoning was already in place.  Plus, the LHBS and I combine orders for some savings there.  Getting licensed was actually fairly easy.  It's the monthly reports to the state, and quarterly to the feds that's a PITA. 

It's a hobby, not a business.  We're still homebrewers really, just licensed to sell the stuff.  When I look at the "pimp my system" board, many folks have fancier stuff than we do. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 05:20:08 PM »
Hey, I recognize those people!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 05:22:44 PM »
I'm just glad I actually was able to get a photo to work! 

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 05:39:43 PM »
Man that's awesome. Also, based on your comment it's the perfect homebrewer's situation. I'd brew more but what to do with it? What to do...
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis