Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: EXP 7270 Hops  (Read 1669 times)

Offline Wort-H.O.G.

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Play Nice
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Ken- Chagrin Falls, OH
CPT, U.S.Army
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harveys-Brewhaus/405092862905115

http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Science_of_Mashing

Serving:        In Process:
Vienna IPA          O'Fest
Dort
Mead                 
Cider                         
Ger'merican Blonde
Amber Ale
Next:
Ger Pils
O'Fest

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: EXP 7270 Hops
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 03:31:29 pm »
Reviews make it look like another love/hate hop. I don't like Apollo outside of bittering. ~18% AA is nuts

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 04:25:12 pm »
Got 4oz in the freezer but haven't gotten a chance to try them out yet. I take parentage with a grain of salt, but having said that I love me some Apollo.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline 3bbrewing

• Retailers
  • Cellarman
  • San Diego, CA
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 03:19:37 pm »
Greetings Wort-H.O.G.,

I've used them for both a pale ale and an American style barley wine.  When I first tasted the barley wine, I was disappointed.  While spicy and piney, they also seemed garlicy to me; kind of like Summit and Belma seem to me.  That was at 4 weeks when I bottled it.  After 2 months (4 weeks ferment; 4 weeks in the bottle) that aroma and flavor was gone.  To me, they seem spicy, perhaps a little dank, and with a lot of pine notes.  I don't get any tropical fruit/any kind of fruit flavor or aroma at all.  I used them for both bittering, flavor, and aroma in this beer.

I also used them for a pale ale.  Similar flavor and aroma as the barley wine but more pine than anything.  To me, these seem o.k. for bittering but on the flavor/aroma side, I'm not a big fan of them.  I still have 8 oz that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 12:47:53 pm »
Haven't used them. I'll wait on some other reviews before I buy some. Good to hear that the onion garlic thing ages out, but when I hear even loose comparisons to Summit, it's usually a negative for me.
Jon H.

Offline brewsumore

• Brewmaster
  • Spokane, WA
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 03:39:16 pm »
Haven't used them. I'll wait on some other reviews before I buy some. Good to hear that the onion garlic thing ages out, but when I hear even loose comparisons to Summit, it's usually a negative for me.

Yeah, I know that I won't be using summit again, maybe unless for bittering which supposedly does not give the onion/garlic flavor.